Thursday, June 6, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Matthew 19:26 - "Testify"


Yesterday afternoon and evening seemed almost 'normal' and I needed that. Neighborhood boys came over and we made some projects for Samaritan's Purse in the afternoon. I love hearing their laughter and chatter. After they left I laid down for a couple hours before going to Bible Study. It wasn't exactly 'normal' since I led it but at least Doc was able to go with me. I so need more of these type of days. I struggle at times when life is 'different' and challenging. I guess maybe I get stuck in a rut at times with 'normal' days but it's not that everything goes the same way to make them 'normal.' When you are a pastor, 'normal' is not usually associated with your days. Things come up out of the blue that need attention but it still seems 'normal.' Last night Doc said he wanted things to be as 'normal' as possible so he was going to write his sermon today. He doesn't know if he will be up to presenting it on Sunday since tomorrow is his first chemo but he is going to write one. I am praying chemo is not too hard on him. I pray his physical body will be strong against any side effects that may happen. I pray his emotional body will also be strong throughout these tough days. Most of all, I pray his spiritual body will go deeper in his faith. We have a choice to make in such circumstances. We can cave into the antics of the enemy or we can lean into God for more of Him. The more we lean into Him, the stronger we will become in every aspect of life. Physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual. We do not have to allow the enemy to put fear into us because God did not make us to be fearful. We do not have to allow him to tell us we are not strong enough because with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26). We continue to pray for a miraculous healing in Doc's body but are praying God's will to be done. If God chooses to heal him through medication and doctors, so be it. If He chooses to heal him through a miraculous touch, woo hoo! That is our preference and we continue to pray that is His will. This morning He gave me the words to "Testify" to ponder upon...

Wave after wave

As deep calls to deep
Oh I'll reveal my mystery
As soon as you start to let go

Give me your heart
Give me your song
Sing it with all your might
Come to the fountain
You can be satisfied
There is a peace, there is a love
You can get lost inside
Come to the fountain
Let me hear you testify

We need to testify of God's great love even in the midst of this trial of Doc's cancer. As these words were in my heart and mind, I asked God if we were hanging onto something that was keeping us from going deeper in our spiritual walk. I asked Him to reveal anything to us that is between Him and us. I have His peace with this situation but I continue to pray for a complete healing in Doc. If there is a lesson we are missing, I asked Him to bring it before us. If there is something He desires of us to do that we are not doing, I asked Him to open our eyes to it. We just want to walk in His will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for a few hours of 'normalcy' yesterday! Father, I pray for You to cleanse me so You can fill me. I pray You will reveal Your will to us throughout this day in a new, different way. I pray Doc will be enlightened as he prepares his sermon. I also pray for You to wrap Your loving arms around Ellen as she goes for scans; Val as she recovers from knee surgery and Ed as he awaits news of his loved one. Thank You for the good doctor appointment my Momma had yesterday. Father, continue to give her what she needs physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. May You continue to be her strength just as You are our strength. Thank You Father for being Our Fountain! Amen.

No comments: