Monday, June 3, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Move (Keep Walkin)"


What a blessed day yesterday! God is so good at providing exactly what we need when we need it. He provided me with physical strength throughout the day. He provided me with mental strength as I prepared and presented my sermon. He provided me with emotional strength when I felt like I was falling apart due to being so tired. He provided me with financial strength when we stopped at Aldi and I had cash to pick up some extra groceries. Most of all He provided spiritual strength in so many ways. One of the ways was yesterday afternoon with our District Superintendent and fellow pastors who anointed and prayed over us. Their words were so encouraging. Sometimes we feel like we are out here all alone with being so far from others pastors but yesterday we were reminded we have their support. In Ohio we had several Nazarene pastors within thirty minutes of us. We also had the pastors in Willard who supported one another. It is so different here in South Carolina and that makes it feel very lonely at times. Thankfully there is the telephone and computer but that is definitely not the same as in person. It was so awesome to talk with the ones who were there at the Summerville Church to give their reports. So, so encouraging. It was exactly what I needed. I still feel like a newbie even after three years but that is getting better. God made me to be a people person and He knows I need to be around people. I am grateful for every opportunity He presents to me in this area. I also am grateful for the way He gives people words of encouragement for me. Another thing I am grateful for is answered prayer. When I woke up after only being asleep an hour to find Doc in excruciating pain, I prayed and rolled over to go back to sleep. Within minutes he told me the pain had lessened. The next time I woke he was struggling and I prayed again and was blessed to find him peacefully sleeping the next time I woke. These nights of little sleep are hard on both of us. Only one more night before he can take his pain medicine again. I pray God will give us both strength to do what is ahead in this day. The only way that can happen is for us to pray for a cleansing in our spirit so He can fill us to overflowing with more of Him. As I preached yesterday, that is the only way to live a life of obedience in His will. It is such a life that turns fear into peace, weakness into strength, and gives us exactly what we need to be what He desires even in days such as we are going through. Once again, the Lord has reminded me of the words to "Move" that TobyMac sings...

Move, keep walkin' soldier keep movin' on
Move, keep walkin' until the mornin' comes
Move, keep walkin' soldier keep movin' on
And lift your head, it ain't over yet, ain't over yet

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the blessings from yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for the many friends who encouraged us yesterday. Thank You for the sermon you placed on my heart and the two who raised their hands seeking sanctification. Thank You for the strength You gave Doc so he could do his pastor's report yesterday afternoon. Thank You for Pastor Sam and the others who gathered around to anoint and pray over us. Father, You are so good at providing exactly what we need when we need it. We need You to cleanse us so You can fill us with more of You. We need Your supernatural strength to not just get through this day but to shine for You in the process. May people see/hear You instead of us today. May You be greater, Lord. May You be greater. Father, my heart hurts for some situations that I don't even know how to pray for. There are so many families going through tough times. May they have Your peace in the midst of the turmoil. May they have Your wisdom as decisions are made. Lord, continue to keep our focus on You through this 'pothole' on our journey. I pray the same for so many others too. Thank You Lord for being Our Focus! Amen.

No comments: