Sunday, June 2, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Let Them See You"


Saturday nights are always set aside with praying for pastors. Before I went to bed as I prayed, I prayed for those who would be filling the pulpit as I will be doing today. I prayed they would say what the Lord laid on their hearts and that people would be receptive to them even though they were not the 'normal' pastor to bring the message. I also prayed for Doc with the pain he was experiencing with a kidney stone and with the pressure in his pancreas from the mass. The first time I was awake the Lord had me praying for pastors who have been on vacation and returning to the pulpit. It was weird but He had me pray for two who were having trouble getting home due to issues with transportation. One was flight issues and one was car issues. After praying I fell back to sleep to be awaken to pray for Doc. He was bent over the side of the bed in such pain. Once again I prayed for him and then fell back to sleep. I was pleased to wake up another time to find him sleeping. There will be some pastors who will preach with pain in their physical bodies. There will be some with pain in their emotionally bodies. There will also be ones with pain in their spiritual bodies. They are ones I pray for the most. Being a pastor can be draining. It is imperative for everyone but especially pastors to be living in God's supernatural strength. The enemy loves to tear people down but he especially loves to see pastors struggle and fall. Today is the first day of a new church year in the Church of the Nazarene. I pray pastors who had a rough year last year will see today as a fresh start. I pray they will realize God does not want them to do anything on their own strength. He desires to be their strength. I think of Pastor Greg and Pastor Mike who are bringing their two congregations together today. May them and their people be blessed in abundance. I think of the Harvest Hills Church who are announcing a big change today. I pray they will be blessed as they start a new journey. My prayers are with all congregations this morning to follow God's will. I also am praying for a pastor who is temporarily out of the pulpit to not be discouraged but instead to lean into God during this time of transition. I think of another pastor who is very discouraged with the direction his church is going. Oh how I pray for him to seek the Lord's will for not only the future of the church but for his church. I pray for a pastor who continues to deal with cancer in her body. I pray she will continue to lean into God for His strength. My prayers also go back to my husband. I pray He will continue to lean into God for His strength. I pray these days ahead when I fill the pulpit that God will use me in a mighty way. There are so many situations with pastors where my heart breaks. Some are with physical issues themselves or with spouses or children with physical issues; some with children who are prodigals; some with deaths in their family; some with issues in their churches that are breaking their hearts; some with financial issues...the list goes on and on. The most important thing for all to remember is God wants to empower us with His strength. We have nothing to fear when we lean into Him. He is in control and desires to be glorified through us and our situations.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for pastors during the night and again this morning. Father, may You bless me as I bring Your Word today. May people be receptive to what You have given me. I pray for pastor families who have had a death this week like Trish and Bernie. I pray You will give them exactly what they need. I also pray for Greg and Mike as they bring their two congregations together today and the Harvest Hills Church as they make an announcement. Father, may You be with these congregations in a great way. Lord, bless pastors who are going through tough times. May they also lean into You. I pray for Doc as he continues to be in not only the pain with his pancreas but now with a kidney stone too. I pray You will cleanse us so You can fill us with more of You. May You flow from our words, actions, and attitude today in a new, different way. Lord, be greater than us. Show Your empowerment through us. Know we desire to be Your servants in whatever way You desire of us. Use me today as I preach. Thank You Jesus for being Our Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: