Tuesday, June 11, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; James 1:2-4 - "Thy Word"


What a frustrating day yesterday. I kept praying for God to give me peace through it. Every phone call I made led to another one with no answers. It seemed like no one wanted to accept responsibility for Doc's chemo not getting scheduled. Here it is Tuesday morning. The morning we were told chemo should start and yet that is not going to happen. I get to the point at times when dealing with doctors and insurance companies that I feel like I am doing their job. I was thinking yesterday about many elderly and people with mental issues who fall between the cracks with health care. They may not know to make phone calls or they may not have the emotional or mental strength to do so. I was thankful when Cathy suggested for me to call the insurance company yesterday. I was contemplating making a call but her suggestion confirmed that was what I was to do. If I had not, who knows when things would have got done. At this point we are back to a Friday schedule. I just cannot believe that is what God has planned. If Friday is chemo day, at the very least Doc will struggle with Sundays but there is a great chance he won't be able to even be in church. As I wait for the doctor office to open to once again begin the phone calls, I have "Thy Word" going through my head. 

Thy Word
Is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path

His Word guides me every day. It enlightens me. It strengthens me. It shows His love for me. The more I soak it in, the more it empowers me. Emotionally, I'm falling apart. Physically, I'm exhausted. Praise God I have Him to lean into in my spiritual life. I am not on this journey alone. He knew every obstacle that happened yesterday with my phone calls. I do not know why He didn't take them away but I know He could have. I think of James 1:2-4 this morning. In The Passion Translation it reads:

My fellow believers, when it seems as though you are facing nothing but difficulties see it as an invaluable opportunity to experience the greatest joy that you can! For you know that when your faith is tested it stirs up power within you to endure all things. And then as your endurance grows even stronger it will release perfection into every part of your being until there is nothing missing and nothing lacking.

Yes! These words are of great encouragement to me. God uses difficult days to stretch our faith and to fill us with joy! Woo hoo! I need to be joyful no matter what lies ahead in this day. I need to be joyful even when my body is rebelling. I need to be joyful when I have so much MS tingling in my nose that I just feel like crying. I need to allow God to encourage me through these tough days in a way that will show the enemy he does not have any hold on me. I cannot allow him to win. I will not allow him to win. I will be strong in the Lord. I will take every obstacle that comes my way and use it as an opportunity to show God working in and through me. I will. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Word that is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Thank You for being My Strength. Thank You for the way You never left me yesterday and will not leave me today. Thank You for Candy standing in Doc's place for prayer at Family Camp yesterday. Thank You for Your will being done as I once again make phone calls to get Doc's chemo set-up. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. That will be the only way I will be empowered to walk in Your will and experience Your joy today. I pray for Ellen as she continues to wait for the results of her scan and Emma as she awaits her upcoming surgery. Father, give these ladies Your strength in these tough days. I also pray Your strength over Emma Nedolast​ with the upcoming birth of their little one. I also pray You will continue to strengthen Doc as he deals with the pain. I pray for a revelation in how to stop his weight loss. May You continue to be his Strength. Thank You Jesus for being Our Joy! Amen.

No comments: