Sunday, June 16, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Exodus 14:14; Neh 8:10b; James 1:2-3 - "Blessings"


Yesterday was a tough day...physically, emotionally, and financially. It is times like this that I must lean deeper into the Lord or the enemy will win. I must find blessings in the trials. Sometimes that three letter word comes into my mind but there are no answers. 'Why?' I prayed for pastors before falling asleep but every time I was awake I prayed for my pastor who had such a miserable night with little sleep. I prayed for him to have wisdom about preaching today. I prayed for him to have some relief from the way he was feeling. I prayed for a miracle in his body that would enable him to be strong in not only his physical body but also in his mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual bodies. I prayed for God to come down upon him with a healing touch. We had a glimpse a couple hours yesterday where he felt good enough to eat. That was a nice change. I even made a 'normal' supper which was nice. But oh my, life is tough. We keep digging deeper in our faith but sometimes it is hard to feel like we are strong enough to get through this. Sometimes fear creeps in when we wonder if life will always be like this. But we cannot allow the enemy an open door through fear. 

I will stand on II Timothy 1:7. For God did not give me a spirit that makes me afraid. He gives me a spirit of power, love and a good mind.

I will stand on Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

I will stand on Exodus 14:14. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

I will stand on Nehemiah 8:10b. The joy of the Lord is my strength.

I will stand on James 1:2-3. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for never leaving us. Father, cleanse us so You can fill us so You can use us for Your glory. Father, I continue to pray for Doc to have Your strength as he goes into the pulpit today. I pray for all pastors to not be so focused on earthly fathers that they miss preaching about You, our Heavenly Father. Lord, there are some pastors on my mind today that are struggling with health issues themselves or with family members that I pray special prayers for. Pastor Steve and his wife Peggy and Pastor Greg and his wife Jeannie. I also pray for Pastor John as he continues to battle health issues and a pastor who is not in the pulpit for the first time in years. I pray for Pastor Brian's family and church with his death last night in a car accident. Father, I pray for all pastors to have an extra dose of Your empowerment for this day. I also pray for a young Daddy who is going through a custody battle and another young Daddy who is not being allowed to see his son regularly. May both of them lean into Your strength through these tough days and may the Mommies of these boys put You first in their lives. Lord, Father's Day is always tough without my Daddy. It can be emotional. I pray You will empower me throughout this day. I pray special blessings over my boys today as they celebrate Father's Day. Thank You for Paul and Ben's houses selling so quickly. May You continue to pave the way for them on their adventures of life. Oh how I miss them! Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Me! Amen.


No comments: