Thursday, June 13, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 46 - "It Is Well"


Yesterday as I sat for three hours with Doc while he got his first chemo treatment I did a lot of praying. I prayed for...
  • him to not have side effects from it.
  • the chemo to work on shrinking the mass so it could be removed.
  • other patients who were receiving treatment who were alone to have support.
  • patients who looked worn to feel God's strength.
  • the nurses who were pleasant with everyone.
I was grateful for how all of the workers were so encouraging. I thought about how I could be an encouragement while in there with him. I struggled with those thoughts because I felt like I am so overwhelmed by all of this and just trying to keep my head above water. After we got home I thought some more about it and asked God to reveal to me how I could make a difference in that place. He told me He would reveal specifics in the future but for now I needed to take care of Doc and myself. I argued that He needed to use me there at the next treatment but He insisted I would be used in that place in His time. I told Him that makes me feel bad and selfish. To that He wrapped His loving arms around me and assured me I was just fine as long as I was walking in obedience to Him. He told me not to go ahead of Him but instead to just listen. It made me think of Psalm 46:10. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! We all need to realize God's strength. It can only be found when we are in relationship with Him. He can only work in and through us when we allow Him. Psalm 46 is a song written for the holy city of Zion. What made it holy was because His people who lived there dwelled in Him. They dwelled in Him. As they did, they found security in Him. This Psalm describes God as being our Refuge; our Strength; present with us at all time; higher than anyone else; and ruler of all. When this Psalm was written, the writer was probably going through some sort of turmoil in life. Perhaps it was a war among the nations since things are mentioned such as spears, bows, etc. But it also speaks of the future when there will no longer be war. No matter what 'war' we are going through on this earth, we have hope for everlasting peace when we live a life for Him. The junk on this earth will no longer be when we live with God forever in heaven. Woo hoo! There will no longer be chemo treatments, court cases, people going hungry, etc. There will only be peace. But the only way to receive such peace is to live in a manner where we can say, 'It Is Well.' 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for working through the chemo to work on the mass in Doc's pancreas. Lord, You are amazing in the way You work through doctors and medications. To think about how the medicine put into Doc yesterday went directly to that mass that does not belong there is utterly amazing. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit today so You can fill me up with Yourself. I pray You will ooze out of me in a way that when people see/hear me they will know You live in me. I pray against the fatigue that is trying to overtake my body. I also pray against nausea in Doc's body. Thank You for him getting a decent night's sleep. Thank You for medication to combat side effects. Thank You for being Our Strength through this process. Thank You for the Family Camp services being on-line. I loved the worship and preaching last night. It was so encouraging. Father, be with many today who are going through tough times. My friend with a custody battle, Mr. Fran with more dental work, Mike as he recovers from cancer surgery, Ellen with test results, another friend with shoulder issues, Shelley's Daddy who is hospitalized, Annie with the death of her sister, Donna with her sister in Hospice, and so many others. I also pray for favor for Ben and Emily as their house gets listed today. I thank You for the way You continue to open doors for Paul and Lizzy with their upcoming move. Lord, may all feel the impact of Psalm 46:10 on their lives. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace. Amen.

No comments: