Friday, June 7, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Maybe It's OK"


This morning is a morning where I am asking God 'why?' in so many ways. 'Why'...
  • did we have such a horrible night with little sleep with the day that is ahead?
  • is Doc having such pain and nausea?
  • are we facing him starting chemo this morning?
  • is he full of fear when II Timothy 1:7 tells us we are not made to be fearful?
  • does he fill so weak when II Timothy 1:7 tell us we are made with a spirit of power?
  • or even looking at the big picture, why does he have pancreatic cancer to begin with?
It's OK to question God. 
It's OK to feel like our world is falling apart in times such as these. 
It's OK to feel like we are not strong enough to get through the day ahead.

Why is it OK? Because God is our Strength. He is our Empowerment. He is always with us. This morning a song We Are Messengers sings is going through my mind...

Maybe it's ok if I'm not ok
Cause the one who holds the world is holding onto me 
Maybe it's alright if I'm not alright
Cause the one who holds the stars is holding my whole life

Father let Your kingdom come
Let Your will be done
Here, in my heart as in heaven

Yes! May His Kingdom come in Doc on this earth with a healing. There is no cancer in heaven. Therefore, there should be no cancer on this earth. Maybe this is a test for us to see how strong our faith is. Maybe it is a test to see if we will cave into the enemy or stand strong in the Lord. No matter what the reason is we are going through this, we must not give into the enemy. He is looking for an open door. He is listening to our words and watching our actions anytime he can. But he will not win. God is always with us. He is always hearing our words and watching us. He will protect us as we allow Him. He will encourage us just as He has been doing through people bringing in meals, books being given to read, pictures from children and cards, monetary blessings...the list goes on and on. Even though we feel like our world is falling apart, He is there to help us through. He is filling us with spiritual, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual strength because He loves us so much. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving us so greatly that You protect us from the antics of the enemy. Lord, do not allow our 'whys?' to give him an open door. I pray for a continuation of blessings of II Timothy 1:7 to come down upon us, especially with this first day of chemo. Father, cleanse us so You can fill us with Your words, actions, and attitude. May You shine brightly through us today. Lord, my physical tank is pretty low with having little sleep last night. My emotional tank is pretty low too. But I know right now, right here You are filling me up with Yourself. I know You do not want me to do this day ahead on my strength but Yours. I also know You want to fill Doc up and I pray he will allow You to do that. Father, we need You in such a mighty way. We need to feel Your strength, love, and empowerment more so today than we have in a long time. Thank You Jesus for being Our Protector! Amen.

No comments: