Friday, June 21, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 91 - "I Am Not Alone"


3:57AM...the Lord woke me to pray for my friend Trish who had knee surgery. He had me pray for her to lean into Him with the pain she was experiencing. After I prayed for her, my prayers moved onto Val with her knee surgery; Mike with this reconstruction surgery; Charlie with multiple heath issues and on a vent; Doc who was having pain; and Peggy with her cancer. I prayed for those moving. Paul, Lizzy, and Bella; Ben, Emily and the children; my friends Sharon and Linda. Some are struggling with various issues with their homes and I prayed they would lean into God's strength to see them through challenging days. My prayers moved onto those who are going through the flooding in their homes. It was out west but now has moved to my home state of Ohio. Yesterday as I saw the pictures from Bellevue I was overwhelmed. I prayed for all involved to lean into God's strength. Finally, my prayers turned to myself. I am physically and emotionally drained. I prayed for wisdom and direction. I prayed for a revelation for the short-term future. I prayed for God to enable me to do what is His desire. I also prayed He would quiet my spirit so I could go back to sleep. I do not do well on six to seven hours of sleep as the last two nights have been. I cannot continue for many days with so little sleep. My mind will not turn off. I go to sleep fine but then am awake by four o'clock. There is just too much on my mind. I give everything to God, fall asleep, and then when I wake my mind starts going. I feel like throwing up my hands and giving up. But I know I can't. I know that is not God's will. I will walk in obedience and go back to Psalm 91 as He directed me to do. This morning I am reading it in The Passion Testament. Verses eleven through thirteen stood out to me today.

God sends angels with special orders to protect you wherever you go,
defending you from all harm.
12 If you walk into a trap, they’ll be there for you and keep you from stumbling.
13 You’ll even walk unharmed among the fiercest powers of darkness,
trampling every one of them beneath your feet!

Yes! I am protected! I am defended! I am unharmed! Woo hoo! I needed this reminder this morning. I Am Not Alone! He goes before me and He never leaves me! Woo hoo! He will give me wisdom and He will give me direction. All I have to do is lean into Him and follow His lead. He knows what I need physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. He knows everything. There is freedom in this knowledge. I just must allow that freedom to work in and through me. There are some things that need to change in my life. I just need to allow Him to change them and not fear them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for never leaving me! Thank You for working in and through me! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You never give up on me! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You ooze out of me today in a way that will make people know You live in me. May You hear my prayers that I gave in the wee hours of the day. May You be with each person I lifted up not only physically, emotionally, mentally, financially but most of all spiritually. May You touch Doc, Trish, Val, Peggy, Charlie, and Mike. May You give direction and protection to: Paul, Lizzy and Bella; Ben, Emily and the children; Linda; and Sharon. May Your presence be felt by those going through times of flooding. Lord, thank You for the time You gave me in Your Word this morning. Father, may I walk the road of obedience as You change some things in my life. Thank You for never leaving me and always being there to support me! Thank You Father for being My Protector! Amen.

No comments: