Thursday, June 20, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 91; Isaiah 40:31 - "Still"


Last night in Bible study we looked at some different Psalms. One of them was Psalm 91. We have nothing to fear on this earth when we live in God's presence. He gives us eight promises in verses fourteen through sixteen that we need to hold onto.

“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.

He will rescue us.
He will protect us.
He will answer us.
He will always be with us.
He will deliver us.
He will honor us.
He will satisfy us with eternal life.
He will save us.

Woo hoo! That is enough to get us through anything when we stay focused on Him. These promises will wipe out any fear the enemy puts before us. They will empower us to stand in His love through all of the 'junk' that happens on this earth. My heart broke yesterday as it was reported of another baby here in town killed. Senseless. Anyone who could kill an innocent child definitely does not have God in their heart. The only thing that makes the situation any better to think about is that the child will not have to suffer on this earth but bask in the Lord's peace for eternity. God rescued that baby from hell on earth. My heart also breaks for one who needs to let go of self and allow God to work in and through her. She needs rescued from the hell she has put herself in on this earth. If she does not change her ways while on this earth, she will not have His peace for eternity. I pray for open doors to share Him with her. As I watch Doc suffering through his days, I continue to pray for God's healing to happen sooner rather than later but I also continue to pray for His will. Yesterday we had an opportunity to pray with his nurse before leaving. Perhaps that is the reason this time continues. Or perhaps it continues because He has something for us to learn in the process. I do not know the 'why' or the 'when' but I know who does and I will continue to lean into Him throughout these tough days. There was little sleep after waking up around three from a nasty dream. I prayed for many different people and asked God to allow me to go back to sleep. He told me He needed me to not only read but to ponder upon Psalm 91 over the next few days. He said, 'there is much to learn there.' I will do as He has told me and be refreshed in the process. This morning I was thinking about verse four of this Scripture. In the New Living Testament it reads:

He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings.
    His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

At the same time I was reflecting on this verse, Isaiah 40:31 popped up on my phone as the verse of the day.

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Putting these two verses together makes me want to shout woo hoo! His wings cover us. They shelter us. The eight promises found in Psalm 91:14-16 protect us. But for these things to happen, we first must trust Him. Trust is key in finding new strength during the storms of life. It is the only way to live in His will and His strength. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for our time together during the night! Thank You for directing me to stay in Psalm 91 for a few days. You gave me this Scripture the week before Doc's diagnosis for a reason and for that I am so grateful. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me today to be more like You. May Your love flow from me in a new, different way. Father, thank You for the opportunity to pray with Doc's nurse yesterday. Thank You for being with me as I lead Bible study last night. Thank You for all the ways You continue to bless us. Father, give us wisdom with doctor bills. I also pray You will give Doc relief from pain so he can eat. Lord, please enable him to not lose any more weight. I was crushed when she said it was three more pounds in the last week. Lord, help him. I also pray for Val and Trish who are recuperating from knee surgery and many friends who are traveling. May You be with all of them in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.

 

No comments: