Sunday, June 9, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Cornerstone"


Before falling asleep last night I prayed for pastors to not only listen to what God was saying to them but to do it. I prayed for His Words to be their words and for people to listen to them. I also prayed for them to listen to themselves as they proclaimed the Gospel. The sermons God gives us is not just for those in the audience but many times are for us to learn from too. I prayed for Doc as he was in such pain after eating a cup of cereal earlier in the evening. He wants to preach today so badly but unsure if that will happen. I prayed God would relieve his pain and give him a restful night. Throughout the night when I woke he was the only pastor I prayed for except on one occasion when God brought to my prayers:

  • A pastor who is not currently in the pulpit. He had me pray for him to take this time to heal from the hurts put upon him by others.
  • A pastor friend who continues to deal with cancer in her body to be encouraged in His presence.
  • Bernie who recently lost his Momma to be encouraged through God's strength.
  • A pastor who is hurting deeply with the lack of participation even in the leadership of his church.
  • Steve who is pastoring while being his wife's caretaker with terminal brain cancer.
  • Scott who continues to support Billie in her journey with breast cancer while ministering in his church.
  • Pastor Greg and Pastor Mike as they go into the second week of bringing their congregations together.
  • Pastors who are searching for their place in this world since retiring from full-time ministry. 
  • Pastors on our district who still need to finish their Annual Reports this week.
  • Our District Superintendent, Pastor Sam, who will lead our Family Camp this week along with bi-vocational pastors who will be unable to attend even though they would like to.
Every time I was awake, Doc was miserable. He said last night he does not know how much more he can take. Those are dangerous words to say. If the enemy hears them, he will pounce on them. We have prayed and prayed for relief, yet it has not been in God's will to happen YET. I know it will. I know God is going to heal him. I do not understand why the wait but I do know we cannot quit praying. I know we cannot quit believing. Yesterday when I had tingling in various parts of my body, I prayed against the MS showing it's ugliness with what we are going through. I prayed for more of God to pour into me. I prayed for Him to cleanse me of anything that was not of Him. I prayed for Him to turn our tough days into something beautiful for Him. I prayed for Him to take away any fear and replace it with empowerment. I prayed for His love to flow out of us even in the midst of the unknown. No one knows the future. No one knows when tragedy will come into their life. But we do know who does know every aspect of our life. We just need to not only believe in Him but to live in Him to our fullest.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving us so greatly that You have put this journey of Doc's pancreatic cancer in our life. I know that would sound strange to some but it is only through such a journey that You can/will be glorified in the manner You so desire. Father, cleanse us so You can fill us. That will be the only way You will be glorified through us. Lord, I pray Doc is able to preach today but if he is not then I pray You will empower me to preach. I pray You will speak through whichever one of us stands in the pulpit today. I pray for a healing in his body to happen sooner than later. Lord, we not only look to You but we depend upon You. May people see/hear You through us today. I pray for all pastors bur specifically for the ones I prayed for during the night. Steve, Scott, Bernie, Pastor Sam, Mike, Greg, and many retired pastors. May they each lean into You today and in the days ahead. May they experience You as their Cornerstone. Thank You Jesus for being Our Cornerstone! Father, as I finish praying You brought the most beautiful sight of a deer walking across the backyard. Wow, God! Thank You for that this morning! Amen.

No comments: