Wednesday, June 5, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Build My Life"


I am so grateful for the way the Lord blesses us. Yesterday was a day full of blessings in the midst of these tough days. He blessed us through...
  • Doc's conversation with a nurse about God and church prior to surgery.
  • A conversation with a doctor whose wife has cancer and is going through successful treatment through a place in Rhode Island. A friend from Texas sent me an article about the same place at the same time we were having a conversation. I believe God brought this to us through these two for a reason.
  • A conversation with my cancer surgeon while waiting for Doc's surgery to be complete was such an encouragement to me.
  • Doc's port placement being successful and the pain pills easing his pain.
  • The pain pills being completely covered under Doc's insurance.
  • The naps I took throughout the afternoon.
  • Tiffany who brought us a yummy lunch and Elizabeth who brought us a yummy dinner.
  • Many who checked on us throughout the day.
  • My Momma who had a TIA (mini stroke) was protected from a full blown stroke and was with my sister when it happened.
  • Kim for going and checking on my Momma last night when I told her.
God uses people to encourage us. This is important to remember when He puts opportunities in front of us to encourage others. He desires to use us in this way. I have been putting off making contact with some people who are going through tough times. I feel like it is all I can do to get through some days right now. But if God brings them to my mind, He will give me the strength to do whatever He desires. I do not have to do anything on my own strength. I must remember this. Everyone needs to remember this. God desires to be seen/heard through us. Yesterday as I sat at Wal-Mart waiting on Doc's prescription I thought about how I must look. I was sitting there probably looking like I was going to cry because that is how I felt. I probably looked dead tired because that is exactly how I felt. I'm sure I looked worn out, worried, depressed, etc. instead of looking like I had the joy of the Lord within me. I felt guilty and asked God to give me new eyes to see the people around me. Immediately there was a group of four ladies laughing and having a good time. They appeared to be on a trip together and had stopped in to pick up a few things that were forgotten. I thought about how many times I have been in their shoes with ladies at Women's Retreats and all the fun we had. I engaged in conversation with them joking around and had some fun. It felt good in my spirit. As I walked out of the store the tears started because I miss such days. I miss days of laughing and enjoying life. After the tears dried up I once again felt guilty. These days are tough days but they could be worse. I know God is with us and there are many in this world who do not have such Hope. I thought about how I was in the waiting room for close to three hours yesterday with hurting people all around and I did not share Jesus with any of them. Once again, the guilt set in and I prayed for God to forgive me. This diagnosis of Doc's is messing with me. It is getting in the way of me being who God has called me to be. I felt ashamed but then God put His arms around me and reminded me I am just fine; He loves me; He is my strength; and I have nothing to worry about. He gave me multiple naps yesterday afternoon which helped me to be more emotionally stable. He also blessed me with some laughing in the evening after Doc came out of the anesthetic. He blessed us with rain last night and a better night's sleep. He reminded me this morning of something our friend Mike said Sunday. "Cancer is the little c but Christ is the big C"! I must remember that. I must remember that He is greater than 'c' and the more we lean into Him, the more of His empowerment we will receive. Woo hoo! Today is a new day. The things that happened yesterday are wiped off my slate because I have asked for a cleansing in my spirit so I can start over in this new day.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me. Thank You for the time I had yesterday in Your Word. Thank You for the time of laughter Doc and I had last night. Thank You for being the Hope we so need to lean into during these tough days. Thank You for being with my Momma yesterday and for Kim who checked on her last night. Thank You for Tiffany and Elizabeth who brought meals to us. Thank You for all of the people who checked on us yesterday. Thank You for Doc's pain pills being completely covered by insurance. Father, You are so good at encouraging us. I pray I will be open to opportunities You put before me today to be an encourager to others. I pray You will give me wisdom as I finish up studying for Bible study tonight. May You direct my words as I lead. Father, thank You for being Our Holy! Amen.

No comments: