Tuesday, June 25, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 91 - "Look Up Child"


I was awake for quite awhile during the night after only being asleep for a couple hours. I prayed and prayed for different people who were going through tough times. After feeling like I could not pray anymore the Lord brought the words to a song Lauren Daigle to my mind...

Oh I, I-I-I, I hear You say
I hear You say

Look up child, hey
Look up child, hey
Look up child, hey
Look up child, hey
Look up…

All we ever have to do is look to the Lord for His wisdom, guidance, and most of all His love. When we do, we will have His peace. That does not mean we won't go through tough days because it is through such times our faith will grow the most. In our human state, doubts creep in which cause fear. We begin to wonder if our circumstances will ever change. Our thoughts turn to our death on this earth. Sometimes we wonder if people will ever change in the way they act toward us. There are times we wonder if our heart will ever quit breaking over people's words or actions. There are times we wonder how we will ever be able to carry on living with the way things are in our life. Sometimes changes are so hard to take. The death of one, infertility, illness in a loved one or in our own body, addiction of a family member, blatant sin of people...the list goes on and on. What we must remember is God is always there for us. He is always ready to love on us when we allow Him. In II Timothy 1:7 we are encouraged to not give into fear because it is not from Him. He gave us a spirit of power, love, and sound mind. But in order to exercise these attributes given to us in their fullest capability we must live in His presence. This way of living in described in Psalm 91. It includes: living in His presence (vs 1); trusting Him (vs 2); not be fearful (vs 5); allow Him to be our refuge (vs 9); love Him (vs 14); pray to Him (vs 15); and accept Him (vs 16). This is the only way to live. It is the only way one can live life in the fullest. God desires all of us. He desires us to look to Him not only in tough times but in good times. He desires to use us to love on others. When life is going along good, some have no need for Him. Some will only cry out to Him when life gets hard. But He desires all to live for Him at all time. Some think that is too hard but I cannot imagine not living for Him. I can't imagine getting through life without Him. Life would be so difficult without His love, strength, empowerment, encouragement...the list goes on and on. I am grateful to know I am living to be as Christ-like as possible. Jesus gave us the best example of how to live to please our Heavenly Father. He walked the road of obedience to the point of death for Him. We need to have the same way of life. Sometimes what He asks of us may seem like we are going to die. Sometimes it may seem like the impossible. But if God calls us to do something He is right there with us. If we are called to speak to someone about Him, He will provide the words. If He calls us to go somewhere that doesn't make sense, He will provide not only the means for it to happen but the desire in our heart to make it be pleasing in our spirit. He does not expect us to be miserable but sometimes we have to go through miserable stuff for us or others to go deeper with Him. Sometimes He calls us to do something that will not only stretch our spiritual body but may also stretch our physical, emotional, or financial being. Sometimes we want to throw up our hands and give up to what He has put before us. But we cannot give up. If we do, He will be disappointed and hurt. He does not like the enemy to win any more than we do. Instead we must do as Psalm 91:1 says and live "in the shelter of the Most high...rest in the shadow of the Almighty." In my humanness, I want to sit and cry. In my humanness, I want to allow the thoughts the enemy is trying to put into my mind tear me apart. But in my spiritual being I will rest in Him. I will allow Him to work in and through me. I will continue to encourage Doc to fight with God's strength. I will not fret over anything. I will continue to seek God's wisdom with decisions that must be made. I will strive to not allow my emotions to be in control but instead allow God to provide what I need each and every day. It is hard to watch the suffering that goes along with cancer. If I could, I would take it on myself instead of watching him go through it. But God is with us and I must never forget that. All I have to do is "Look Up Child"...woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Once again I am in awe of the way You encourage me through Your Word and through music. I love You so much and want to live as You have called me to. I know that means I need to be cleansed so I come before You this morning asking You to take anything out of me that is a hindrance in our relationship. I ask for You to feel me to overflowing so You can ooze out of me in a way people will desire the same. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Lord, I pray for Doc to be encouraged today. I pray how ever that can happen to happen. I pray for Your loving arms to be felt around him as he continues this battle. Lord, may Your physical healing on this earth come sooner than later. May You be glorified through his healing. May people come into  relationship with You through his healing. Father, I also pray for the family You had me praying for during the night. I have not had contact with them for a long time yet I know You had me praying for them for a reason. May they be unified as a family and go deeper in their walk with You. I also pray for ones going through times with physical ailments. I pray "on earth as it is in heaven" for them as there is no disease in heaven.  My Momma, Dale, Mike, Patti, Mike, Paula, my pastor friend with cancer, Grammy, John, Sharon's Momma...the list goes on and on. I pray for my friend Shirley with her loss. I pray for Little Richie and his family with their news yesterday. I pray for my friend with many things going on in her life to not give up on You. Father, we do not understand 'why' but we do know You are in control of these situations. May You be so close to all. May You bless each one as You become more real to them in their present circumstances. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Look To! Amen.

No comments: