Monday, January 22, 2018

Romans 6:23 - "Made to Worship"


In my reading for school it said salvation is a gift. I started thinking about how people get so excited when given a gift but then the excitement dwindles as time goes on. For many people the same can be said about salvation. Many are on fire for the Lord when salvation is fresh yet as time goes on the flame begins to flicker. For some, the flame goes completely out. Some people open a gift and decide it's not the right size, color, kind, etc. so they return it. There are people who 'try on' God but then decide they like their old life better so return to it. A gift is not something earned but rather is something received in love. It is something someone chooses specifically for another. God chose the gift of salvation for all when He brought His Son to this earth to die. He chose it for all when He had Jesus raise from the grave. The Gift of salvation can only be received when one accepts it. But the gift of salvation is not where God stops with giving gifts to us. He also gives the gift of sanctification. That gift is the 'icing on the cake' so to speak. It brings more joy than salvation. It is where He shines through us as we take on more of the gift. The ultimate gift will be in glorification when we live with Him for eternity. If we don't accept His salvation, we cannot accept His sanctification. If we don't accept His sanctification, we cannot accept His glorification.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for my Momma who is celebrating her eighty-seventh birthday today. Thank You for the example she has given me to love You. Thank You for the way You continue to sustain her. I pray a blessing upon her day in a mighty way. Father, I also pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing. Lord, You are so awesome in the way You continue to answer my prayers. Hearing that Jerry and Ray were both in church yesterday blessed my heart. Also hearing that Barbie's prayers were answered quickly and Beth was off the ventilator blessed me in abundance. Lord, I know You hear me as I cry out to You and that blesses me. I pray for a physical touch upon Doc today as he isn't feeling well. Thank You for being My Gift. Amen.


No comments: