Saturday, January 20, 2018

Psalm 50:1-6 - "Gracefully Broken"


The Lord woke me up once again with "Here I am Lord, arms wide open..." going through my mind. They were going through it all day yesterday with a feeling of contentment. At first I thought maybe I was doing something wrong or not doing something I should be or not having the right attitude of submission. Then my spirit felt a completion or contentment that made me realize He was just blessing me. Psalm 50 is about the glory of God that will come on the day of Judgement. This is where He took me this morning. He stopped me to ponder on the first six verses. I read the words of Matthew Henry on this Scripture...

This psalm is a psalm of instruction. It tells of the coming of Christ and the day of judgment, in which God will call men to account; and the Holy Ghost is the Spirit of judgement. All the children of men are concerned to know the right way of worshipping the Lord, in spirit and in truth. In the great day, our God shall come, and make those hear his judgement who would not hearken to his law. Happy are those who come into the covenant of grace, by faith in the Redeemer's atoning sacrifice, and show the sincerity of their love by fruits of righteousness.

It is interesting that Henry says "the Holy Ghost is the Spirit of judgement." In thinking of the Trinity I never thought about the Holy Spirit being a part of judgement. I always thought God the Father would be the One to give judgement. Jesus died for everyone's sins to be in submission to His Father God and Jesus would be the One to come back to give judgement.  This is just another aspect to think about in studying the Trinity. The most important thing is not which part of it will bring judgement but that I am ready for Him. I want to be sure I am "aligned" with His will. That is why I pray every morning for Him to cleanse me so He can fill me. It is why I desire to worship Him "in spirit and in truth" (Henry). It is why I strive to love with His love so fruit will show through my life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that enable me to be Your servant. Thank You for yesterday and the laughs we had around the dinner table as we shared stories with dear friends and family. Thank You for the sunshine that is shining today but most of all for You being the Sonshine of my life. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can shine from me in a mighty way today. Thank You for improvement in Beth. I continue to pray for a healing in her spirit. Thank You for improvement in Jerry who I continue to pray for strength not only for him but his family. Thank You for the physical strength You will give me today. Thank You for being My Sonshine. Amen.

No comments: