Sunday, January 21, 2018

Isaiah 40:31 - "Run (Isaiah 40:31) After The Chase"


Saturday nights have a special place in my heart. Most of them are spent praying for pastors on and off through the night. Last night He woke me at times to pray for pastors, their families, and at times for the people in their corporate body. 

  • Pastors who are out of the pulpit due to health issues/surgeries...one with a brain tumor; one recuperating from knee surgery; those with the flu...I prayed against any open doors the enemy may be able to enter
  • Two pastors on mission trips...I prayed for not only their safety but for their families at home
  • Pastors dealing with disunity; financial concerns; low attendance; and people leaving their church...I prayed they would seek counsel
  • Pastors ready to give up their current church and/or one ready to give up on ministry altogether...I prayed for them to be encouraged today but most of all I prayed they would listen to the Holy Spirit for guidance
  • Pastors being tore apart by people in their church...I prayed for strength, them to seek counsel, for the eyes of the people to be opened, and for the enemy to lose hold
  • Bi-vocational pastors who are physically, mentally, and emotionally wore out...I prayed for them to be renewed in their spirit
  • Pastors who are in school...I prayed for God's wisdom to be theirs
  • Pastors who have struggled all week with what to preach and yet still have no idea...I prayed for them not to stress but instead to enjoy what the Holy Spirit was going to do through them today
  • People who are trying to tear down what their pastor has built...I prayed for their eyes to be opened
  • People who have left or contemplating leaving a church...for their focus to get off of self and follow God's will
  • People who will go to the altar today...I prayed their pastors would show God's love to them in a mighty way
  • Pastors spouses...to feel love and accepted by the people of the church
  • A pastor's wife who is feeling lost after the sudden death of her husband...I prayed for strength for her as she not only tries to find her place in the world but as she has many children to now raise without him
  • Pastors children...for people to not expect more out of them just because they are PK's
  • Pastor's families...for the pastor to not allow ministry to come before them
  • Those who will be called into pastoral ministry...I prayed for openness in their hearts
There are so many blessings in being in ministry but it takes a lot of God's love for others for it to not be a negative in life. It takes living in God's will to not take things personally. Being in ministry is hard when you pour so much of yourself into people only for them to walk away. It is hard to see people 'back-slide' into old habits. There are times ministry makes one feel like a failure by the world. It is so important to not allow the world to be the 'thermometer' but instead let God be the gauge. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead today. Thank You for giving me the opportunity to pray for pastors last night. Thank You for the ones You brought specifically to my mind. Lord, I pray for not only myself but for all pastors to be cleansed today so we all can show Your love in a mighty way. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for the good reports about Jerry and Beth yesterday. I pray a continued healing upon both of them. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Call Me. Amen.

No comments: