Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I John 4:4b - "Your Love Defends Me"


I woke up during the night and then again this morning with these words to "Your Love Defends Me" going through my mind...

Surely my God is the strength of my soul
Your love defends me, Your love defends me

The word defend means to protect. I know the Lord protects me in more ways than I can even comprehend. There are ways I do know such as the deer who stayed beside the road instead of going in front of me last night. I am sure there are also unknown ways. I do know His love surrounds me at all times and protects me from things that will pull me down into the depths of hell.

Day after day, night after night
I will remember, You're with me in this fight
Although the battle, it rages on
The war is already won
I know the war is already won

My God is greater than anything! He is greater than issues with people. He is greater than physical, emotional, or financial issues. He is greater than dealing with the 'junk' of this world. Plain and simple. He is greater! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning that You are greater than anything that comes my way today. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Your words, actions, and attitude to take over my entire being. Keep my focus on You so I do not miss any opportunity to share Your love with all I meet today. I also pray for Your wisdom as I do my school work; Your strength in my physical body; and Your discernment as I deal with a situation. May You empower me in every aspect of life but especially the spiritual. Thank You Jesus for being My Greatest! Amen.



No comments: