Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Isaiah 41:10 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

There are times where no matter how strong a person is spiritually tough circumstances will become overwhelming. That is what happened last night as I tried to go to sleep. I prayed and yet my mind kept thinking 'what if?' I asked God to knock the enemy down, I prayed Scripture, I sang songs...yet sleep would not come. I sent a message to some friends explaining my situation and asking for prayer. The Lord gave one Isaiah 41:10 to give me...


As I read this Scripture I had peace that came down over me. I know God is with me. I know He already knows the outcome of my appointment today. I know. Plain and simple. I know. I also know last night I had deja' vu. On November 2, 2016 after surgery they said no cancer, two days later I received the call it was cancer. This was something that 'was being watched' since we were in Ohio. Last month I received a 'Merry Christmas, all is clear' when I left from my mammogram. Then a few weeks later the oncologist tells me there is something he wants the surgeon to give me a second opinion on. He said he and the other oncologist think it is from radiation and nothing will need done other than 'to watch it.' Last week I received a letter from the mammogram facility they were 'watching an area.' Trust is the key in all situations. I do trust God. I know He knows the outcome and will be with me no matter what. But my emotions are going all over the place with this situation. It doesn't help that Doc can't be with me today. Oh how I wish it were afternoon and this appointment was over. I cannot allow this situation to my focus off of God. He is my strength. He is the One I know I can depend upon in all situations. He is the One that gave me the words to "Oceans" in the middle of the night...

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters

Yes! I will "call upon" His name as He leads me through this day. I pray for wisdom if there are decisions to be made and peace to overtake my spirit.

Dear Jesus,
I have prayed on and off all night for peace and You continue to give me the feeling of Your arms wrapped around me. I am grateful for that. I also am grateful for people who are praying for me. Sometimes when I am overwhelmed it is hard to even have words but that's OK because You already know my heart. Lord, cleanse me of anything that would keep You from filling me to overflowing. Encourage my heart throughout this day so people will see You through me. I pray for others going through tough days...Linda as she awaits surgery; Mike with therapy; Doc as he returned to work; the young man with the mass behind his heart; the pastors going through cancer treatment; Dolores and her family; Triston; Marlene; the Smith Family; and many others with spiritual needs. Lord, put people before them who will be You to them. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: