Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Psalm 51 - "Find You On My Knees"


The Lord took me to Psalm 51 this morning to ponder upon. This Psalm is significant for anyone who has repented and accepted Him in their life. Verses ten is one I remember from Sunday School growing up. I love the word picture The Message gives in verses ten through fifteen. The cleansing one receives when allowing God into their life is complete. They are given a 'clean slate' so to speak. The past is just that...the past. Once accepting Him, the enemy tries to get them back by bringing up things they previously did. As a new believer it is hard. But we must remember that God has taken those things away. He desires to make something new in our life. He gives us the opportunity to see our life in a different way. We just have to accept it. There are many who say they have too many bad things or are too unloveable for God to accept them. That is the furthest thing to the truth. He already knows our sins. He already knows how far we have gone into the depths of hell. In this Psalm, David wrote of receiving the joy of salvation. To receive such joy one must realize it cannot be achieved by their own power. One can look around and see people seeking joy through others, money, prestige, career, etc. But true joy cannot be found except through Jesus. Once again the enemy does not like when we have true joy. He chisels away on us trying to take our joy away. One must stay strong in their salvation. The only way to do that is to stay strong in relationship with God. Daily soaking in His Word is key. The beginning of this passage in The Message reads, "Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean, scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life." Yes! I want soaked every day! Every morning I pray for a cleansing and a filling of Him. The enemy uses guilt, God cleanses guilt away. The enemy uses shame, God cleanses shame away. God is greater than anything the enemy can put before us. My prayers have been so heavy recently for many who need to come to this realization....

  • the older gentleman with health issues, living in blatant sin, and refusing to accept the Lord
  • the young gentleman who was raised living for the Lord yet as wandered away
  • the lady who was raised knowing who Jesus was yet took the road of drugs and is now fighting for her life
  • the man who was raised living for the Lord yet has lived a life of sin for so many years and pretends he is spiritually OK
  • the mother separated from her children as she is in prison who needs to feel Jesus' love...oh how I pray someone will share Him with her
  • the young lady with multiple issues who knows Jesus yet has not fully relied on Him
  • the mother who was raised in and out of church and continues to make bad choices with her children
  • the mother living with another man instead of her husband
I also am praying for many who are going through tough days but continue to rely on the Lord's strength. I pray they will not only keep their joy but realize it in a mighty way...
  • my sister Linda who is awaiting hip surgery and in pain
  • my friend Mike who had knee replacement
  • a pastor couple who recently had a new baby and the same week the Daddy was diagnosed with a brain tumor
  • the Knox family as they continue Jerry's health battles
  • the Flack family as they continue the grieving process over the death of Baby Everly
  • a dear friend as she deals with issues with her parents; another friend as she deals with failing health of her Mother
  • the Armstrong family on the mission field
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You answered my prayers with a difficult situation yesterday. I realize how important it is to wait on Your time and not try to manipulate situations. Thank You for the time we had with the children and teens last night. Thank You for my Momma getting to experience them. Lord, this morning I pray for a cleansing in my spirit. I pray for a renewal in not only my physical body but most importantly my spiritual body. I pray for a sweetness of You to overtake me today. May You ooze out of me in a way so great that people will not only see and hear You but also smell You. Thank You Jesus for being My Aroma. Amen.


No comments: