Monday, January 8, 2018

Ephesians 6:10-17 - "Our God"

There are times where one knows God is stretching them through trials and then there are times they know it is the enemy giving opposition to what they are doing. Yesterday was definitely a day the enemy was working. But I have found the way to combat the enemy is by proclaiming praises to the Lord. As I speak the truth about how great my God is the enemy gets madder. Usually he will strike back harder until he finally gives up for awhile. When one praises the Lord, the enemy gets mad because he desires them to fall to his antics. He desires to crush and sometimes wins for a short time. When he wins, it takes him off his guard and quiets him. But the Lord does not want to see the enemy win. At any point in time He could stop the enemy from bothering people. But He doesn't because He knows opposition grows people. He knows people's faith will grow stronger as they put on His armor and stand up against the enemy. Yesterday as I felt attacked by the enemy I prayed over and over again for the Lord to knock Him down through our words and actions. When I stood up to give announcements and lead worship, the Spirit overtook me and I soon realized I was 'preaching' and that was not my 'job' for the day. I apologized but then took it back because I was not sorry for speaking what the Spirit gave me. I believe and proclaimed, "My God is greater!" over and over again. The things the enemy put in our path yesterday were minimal compared to what the Lord gave us. That is how it is every day. 'My God is greater' than the 'junk' of this world. Woo hoo! Are the issues gone from our life? No but God is in control. God knows the future. We just have to be walking in obedience so His will shows through in our lives. When that happens, He will be glorified! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for strengthening my faith in the process of the devil's schemes yesterday. Thank You for encouraging me to pray repeatedly for Doc as one thing after another flew his way. Thank You for the words given to me by the Spirit that encouraged all of us to realize You are greater than the enemy. Father, we need You in a mighty way as it seems we are seeing the enemy win in some situations in the church. We, as a corporate body, need to put on the full armor You give us and fight this battle with Your strength. I pray for more people to wake this morning, ask for forgiveness of anything between You and them, and then walk in obedience to Your will throughout this day. That is exactly what I pray for myself. Cleanse me. Fill me. Be glorified through my words, actions and attitude throughout this day. I also thank You for the 'angel from Virginia' who was visiting. Her words of encouragement after the service were such a blessing. Thank You for being My Full Armor. Amen.

No comments: