Saturday, January 27, 2018

Romans 12:1-2 - "Made To Worship"


I woke up this morning with these lyrics going through my mind...

You and I were made to worship
You and I are called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
When you and I embrace surrender
When you and I choose to believe
Then you and I will see who we were meant to be

Chris Tomlin 'hit the nail on the head' with this song. We are 'made to worship' and 'called to love' yet many refuse to do so. Those who do worship and love Him don't always do it daily. Some don't even do it weekly or monthly yet they claim to be His child. The song continues that we are to 'surrender' yet many who do 'believe' refuse to surrender. Many people in this world decide they are their own boss so they won't surrender their checkbook, calendar, family, etc. There are many who live a selfish life because they exercise the free will God gives them. I am not being judgmental in any way. I am just being truthful. It is not up to me to judge them. Only God can and will do the judging. But I can grieve for the way people live their life. I can be sad they are missing out on so much peace and freedom. But I can't make anyone change. The one thing I can and will continue to do is live my life surrendered to Him. Nothing I have is mine. Everything in my life is His. One of the hardest parts of living such a life is missing my boys, their ladies and their babies. The last three nights have been full of dreams about them. This morning I am crying out to God to help me through these times of missing them so greatly. I know He will give me encouragement with the pain I am feeling. I know He will give me a phone call, message or something from them that will help the hurt. He brought me seven hundred plus miles away from them for a reason and I pray I am fulfilling that reason. I pray whatever He desires of me to do in my little world is being done. Just as I know I don't want His death on the cross to go in vain I sure do not want Him bringing us here to go in vain. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. Father, I pray for a soothing in my spirit as I miss my boys and their families so bad. I pray for encouragement with this. I pray You will prompt them to call or text me today. Lord, I pray You will let them know I love them and miss them. Father, wherever You lead me today I pray You will use me to be a beacon of light for You. Whatever You desire of me today, I pray You will make it happen in my life. Cleanse me so I can be Your words, action, and attitude. Fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for a healing in people with the flu; Little Layna who had her appendix rupture and is in surgery along with her family who have the flu and pneumonia; the pastors with cancer and going through treatment; my sister Linda as she awaits hip surgery; Mike with therapy from knee surgery; Justin who just had knee surgery; the young man with the mass behind his heart; along with many others who need a physical touch. Most of all I pray for their spiritual needs. I pray they know You and can call out to You for help.Thank You Jesus for being My Everything. Amen.

No comments: