Saturday, January 6, 2018

Matthew 11:28-30 - "What A Friend We Have In Jesus"



Throughout the night I woke up many times and prayed for situations, people, etc. There are so many hurting right now. It seems like there have been so many deaths in the last couple of weeks along with the weather being strange in many parts of the United States. I'm grateful those in Texas who are still trying to rebuild from the hurricane seem to have 'normal' weather to deal with. I also am grateful for the peace the Lord gives when one accepts it. I prayed for...

  • those who have lost loved ones...especially for the Grimm Family as they continue to try to figure out their new 'norm' of life without Jeremy
  • those who are dealing with life threatening illnesses/surgeries...the Taylor Family with their two young children hospitalized with infection; Mr. Piatt who was finally released from a long hospital stay after having heart surgery; Mr. Knox who made it through a major surgery and continues to face some major medical issues
  • three pastors who are dealing with issues in their church...the financial aspect of these issues to not take their eyes off of the call put on them
  • those effected by the storms happening up and down the East Coast
  • the elderly who are lonely 
  • those who feel abandoned by family and friends
  • the young mother going to court Monday regarding seeing her daughter
  • the wife caring for her husband who appears to be in his last days
  • the homeless man who needs his medication
  • the family with aging parents who go from one thing to another with health issues
The Lord brought "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" to my mind several times when I woke. The words are promising and soothe the hurting soul. There is a part that says, "O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, All because we do not carry, Everything to God in prayer!" I honestly do not know how people survive the ups and downs of life without having a prayer life. I don't mean one where you just ask God to do this or that. I mean one where when you pray and are confident He hears you. Not only do you know He hears but you also hear Him back. The song continues that "We should never be discouraged..." It is hard to not be discouraged in this fallen world. I keep coming back to the realization that people will disappoint but God never does. The last verse is the most comforting. It ends with "In His arms He'll take and shield thee, Thou wilt find a solace there." Yes! It is in His presence that His peace will become our peace. That is the only place to find His peace. I pray for more people to live life in His presence. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray during the night for many who are hurting. I pray more people will live in Your presence so they experience Your peace. Lord, may You be the balm on their hurting souls today. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I may be more effective in sharing Your love today. I pray You will use me in mighty ways to make a difference in people's lives. Thank You Jesus for being My Friend. Amen.

No comments: