Wednesday, January 3, 2018

James 5:7-8 - "Jesus Messiah"


Last night was a night of pondering and praying instead of much sleeping. But that's OK because I know the Lord will give me strength and a nap today. When I woke at 1AM, the Lord had me praying for the people who have to be outside during this weather. If we were in Ohio, 2-4 inches of snow and some freezing rain would be nothing but here in South Carolina it shuts things down. There is not the equipment to handle such weather. There also are many homeless who are not use to such weather. I prayed for people to have wisdom in getting shelter. I also prayed for those traveling to be safe. I prayed for souls to be saved before they took their final breathe. At 4AM when I woke, the Lord had me pondering upon the word He gave me for the new year. 'Expect.' I thought about a verse in James 5 where it talks about the farmer who plants seeds and then waits in expectation for them to grow. That is exactly what is happening when we, as believers, plant seeds for the Lord. We wait in expectation for results. But we can't just wait for results. We must be in relationship with the Lord so we can be obedient to His direction on if and when to cultivate those seeds. He will give us opportunities to cultivate in His time. We cannot manipulate but rather need to be obedient to Him in the process. This section of James 5 is entitled 'Patience in Suffering.' The last time I prayed for patience I was diagnosed with MS so that is not something I pray for. The 'suffering' we have on this earth is nothing compared to that of what Jesus went through. We 'suffer' when we 'expect' things from people that do not happen. Our physical bodies 'suffer' through illnesses, diseases, etc. but once again that is nothing compared to that of Jesus. A lot of times when we 'suffer' there is no need. Instead we just need to pray and allow the Lord to work in and through us. People will disappoint but the Lord never will. As a pastor it is hard to not allow people's actions to disappoint us. Many times we think they are on the same page in thinking yet out of the blue they will surprise us. There are even times when the Lord will reveal something to us about others that is hard to comprehend but He is never wrong. As I continue to ponder upon the word 'expect' I realize there will be times of expecting the unexpected in the days ahead. People who are not in full relationship with the Lord will make decisions not of Him. I need to expect this. The Lord will give me wisdom and strength to deal with such times. I need to expect that. As I plant seeds, He will give me opportunity to cultivate some but not all. I need to realize and expect that. Most of all I need to remember He is coming back soon and I need to be ready at all time as I await in expectation of spending eternity with Him. Woo hoo! I know Scripture tells us He wants all to repent and that is why He has not returned yet but I also know I am so ready for His return. Sometimes I feel like I am selfish in this thinking because there are still many who won't spend eternity in heaven but other times I get such a longing to be in Paradise where I no longer have to deal with physical issues nor people who don't walk in obedience to His voice.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me a heart of expectation. Father, forgive me if I have the wrong attitude about Your return. Cleanse me of anything that would keep You and I separated. Fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit so people will see You instead of me. May Your words, actions and attitude be mine today. I don't plan on leaving this house yet I know You can use me somehow today. Woo hoo! Father, be with those who have to be outside in this weather. I pray protection over those on the roads. I also pray for the electric to stay on for those who have no other heat source. Father, I pray protection over Doc as he goes to work. I also pray for people to make wise decisions on not being on the roads unless they have to. Lord, most of all I pray for people to be in right relationship with You so if today is their last day on this earth they will be ready to meet You. Lord, I pray against the pain Linda is experiencing. May Your time be soon for her tests and surgery. I also pray for the Taylor children who are dealing with an awful infection. May You be their Healer today. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Expect. Amen.


No comments: