Monday, January 1, 2018

Jeremiah 29:11 - "It Is Well"



There are things we 'hope' will happen in the new year. There are even things we 'know' are on the calendar for the new year. But the one thing we can be assured of is that when we allow the Lord to have control of our calendar everything that happens will be a blessing to Him. This is not an easy thing to accomplish but it sure is one that blesses in abundance. As we allow Him to take over more aspects of our life the blessings will abound. When He is in control, there is peace in knowing whatever happens is OK. That peace grows in abundance the more we allow Him control of our checkbook, our calendar, every aspect of life. When we 'give Him everything,' we realize we are no longer tied up but rather have freedom. That does not make sense to many but oh how I pray for more people to experience such freedom in 2018. I pray for more people to come into relationship with Him in a way that will give them freedom only He can give. I pray for people to give up the idols of life such as money, other people, 'stuff,' etc. and to be in a relationship with Him that will not only bless them but Him. I pray for people who are already in relationship with Him to take the next step into a full relationship where He is not just their Savior but He is their Lord. I pray the Lord will use me in a mighty way to be a beacon of light for others. I pray there will be people who go into a deeper relationship with Him through the way they see me living my life. I also pray He will take me deeper in 2018. I desire more of Him in a way that will take me into a different, new relationship. I love those words He gave me mid-way through 2017...'different, new.' Yes! There have been a lot of 'different, new' things come into my life. I pray for more. I pray 2018 will be a year of 'different, new' things to occur in my life. I pray it will be a year of cleansing and filling for me. There are some things I hope to see happen in 2018 but most importantly I pray for the Lord to be glorified in and through me in 2018 in a 'different, new' way.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the blessings of 2017. Thank You for loving us so greatly. Thank You for blessing us with friends and family who love us dearly. Thank You for using us to be a beacon of light in our little world. Father, I pray for a different, new relationship with You. I pray for more of You to fill me up so there is less of me that shows through. I pray for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to be greater than ever before. Father, use me in ways unheard of to man. May Your power show through in my actions. I pray for the empowerment of Your healing hands. Thank You Jesus for the year that is ahead and for all of the blessings included. Thank You for being My Past, Present and Future. Amen.


No comments: