Sunday, January 7, 2018

James 4:7-10 - "Great Are You Lord"



What an encouraging way to wake up...having the song "Great Are You Lord" going through your mind!

You give life, You are love
You bring light to the darkness
You give hope, You restore
Every heart that is broken
Great are You, Lord



Yes! My Lord gives me life! He lavishes me with His love! He is the Light in the midst of darkness! The hope He gives me in times of travel can be overwhelming at times. He has restored me from a life of death. He is indescribable over and over again. I cannot imagine life without Him. I do not know how people survive this fallen world without Him as their Anchor. If I even try to begin my day without spending one-on-one time with Him first, life is not right. Praying and knowing He is listening is a gift He gives me every day. Speaking and then hearing Him speak back to me is another gift He gives me. I remember days in the past where I felt so alone and like everything was going wrong. I do not miss those days at all. Things still do not go as I think they should or desire at times yet the peace He gives me in the understanding that everything happens in His way and in His time is priceless. Frustration still comes into play if I allow human emotions to kick in over spiritual readiness. For times like that, I am thankful My Creator understands and forgives. The trust I have in Him becomes greater every day. I know He is always with me and always ready to guide me down the road He desires of me. Last night before going to sleep I prayed for ...

  • believers to have such a relationship with Him. I prayed people who have been slack in their relationship with Him to realize the importance of being in corporate worship today. I prayed for those who have been upset with the pastor, worship leader/music, others in a church, etc. to realize church is not about them but they need to put their focus on God. He will direct them to His ways when they allow it.
  • pastors to preach boldly from the pulpit so people will hear what the Lord has laid on their hearts.
  • the children's pastor who is resigning this morning.
  • the children's pastor who is to start her first Sunday today yet has the flu.
  • the pastor preaching on sin in the church. I pray people will have their eyes opened to what it means to repent, forgive, and move on so this church can heal.
  • people who are contemplating going back to church today to get up and go. I also prayed for people there to give a loving welcome to them.
  • people who are allowing human emotions to make decisions about their relationship with God instead of walking in obedience.
  • protection over pastors from the words, actions, and attitudes of those in their flock.
  • open ears to the Holy Spirit and closed ears to the enemy by all.
  • the pastor who is questioning their call to where they are today. I prayed for God to encourage them to realize He is with them.
  • the pastor who has had multiple funerals over the last few months and feeling weary. I prayed for a filling in their spirit.
  • the church body whose pastor left unexpectedly for a period of rest and renewal. I prayed for this pastor to get what they need so they could come back with a renewed spirit. I prayed against gossip in that body as the pastor is away.
So many prayers for so many people. I continue to be amazed at how my prayers seem to have increased for believers. The enemy is out to destroy pastors, their families, and their churches. All must remember God is greater than the enemy. He did not bring anyone to the place they are today to fail. He created everyone with a purpose and when that purpose is lived out He will be glorified. Giving up is not an option. Digging deeper into faith and trust is the only option for Him to be glorified.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for believers. Thank You for loving me so greatly that You never give up on me nor do You leave me. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray the same for my brothers and sisters in Christ. I pray for churches to be filled with people who are hungry for more of You. I pray for pastors to be encouraged not discouraged. Lord, You are the Only One to know individual needs. I pray You will meet each person exactly where they need met today. Thank You Jesus for being My Anchor of Hope. Amen.

No comments: