Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Matthew 7:7-8 - "It Is Well"


The Lord woke me up a few times during the night with Matthew 7:7 in my mind. I thought back about how Doc said many people will ask without believing He will answer. They will pretend to seek yet not really believe and they don't expect Him to answer them. It was during the night the Lord gave me the word 'expect' for the new year. As I thought about that word I thought how I shouldn't be surprised by anything that happens. I should just 'expect' Him to be glorified in all things. I so wish more people would live in a relationship with Him where they hear His voice and then walk in obedience to it. I have been praying for a couple who are believers yet not following Him. I am not being judgmental. He has told me to pray for them to let go of the desires of their heart to please themselves so they could please Him. They are not new in their relationship with Him. Therefore, it is not that they don't know how. Instead they have allowed the enemy an open door into their lives that has pulled blinders over their eyes. They do not see anything wrong with the decisions they are making. I continue to pray for the blinders to be removed. It seems like more and more of my prayers are directed toward believers who are not walking in obedience. Sometimes I wonder why the Lord directs my prayers that way instead of for non-believers. No matter what His reasoning, I will continue to pray as He directs.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that brought me to where I am in my relationship with You today. Thank You for using me as a vessel of prayer. Thank You for directing me as to how You so desire for me to pray. Father, cleanse me of anything not of You. Fill me to overflowing with more of You. Guide my steps, my words, and my attitude throughout this day with Your love. May You be glorified in all I do. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Expect. Amen. 

No comments: