Friday, January 26, 2018

Psalm 91:1 - "In The Secret"


My class this time and last time are probably the hardest I have ever experienced yet I am enjoying them so much. When Doc told me that was how they were for him years ago, I thought he was crazy. When I first started with this professor, it seemed like I couldn't please him. I couldn't figure out what he wanted. Now several weeks later I realize he pushes me to go beyond what I know so I can learn. He desires for me to not only grow in my intellectual being but in my spiritual being. There are days where I am not sure I can 'do it'...not sure I can think clear enough to form sentences in a post...not sure if I have enough energy to think... But then I am reminded 'I' don't have to do anything by myself. God is with me. He is My Strength. He knows what I need to accomplish what He desires. I am so grateful to be where I am in relationship with Him. I am grateful that I not only hear His voice but I also am where I desire to walk in obedience to what He says. I wish more people were in such a relationship. No, I pray more people will find such a relationship. I pray for more believers to have the desire in their hearts to go deeper with God. I pray more of them would die to self and allow Him full reign to their entire life. Their checkbooks, their calendar, their family... everything. There is no greater place to live than in His 'secret' place.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. Thank You for the blessings ahead in this day. I pray for Kathy's family as they have her memorial service today. I pray for those who continue to be sick with the 'bug' to feel improvement today. I pray for little Amelia and Doc to have a better day. I also pray for Denise as she heals from her surgery. I also pray for Mike who continues to heal from his knee surgery and Linda as she awaits hip surgery. I continue to pray for the pastor going through surgery and treatments at Duke for his cancer; the young man with a mass behind his heart; and another pastor dealing with cancer treatments. So many people with so many hurts. My heart hurts for them. I pray they will draw closer to You for Your strength and peace. Thank You Jesus for being My Most High. Amen.

No comments: