Saturday, January 13, 2018

Psalm 98 - "Word of Life"


The Lord took me to Psalm 98 this morning. It is about singing a 'new song' to Him. I pondered upon what that means. What does singing a 'new song' to Him look like? Perhaps it means changing something in our lives such as how we spend time with Him, where we worship Him, how we praise Him, etc. Perhaps He is trying to open our eyes, ears and heart  to go into a different relationship with Him. Last year He gave me the words 'different, new' to apply to my life with Him. There were definitely 'different, new' things that happened throughout the year. I met new people. I found new ways to live in His presence. I found 'different, new' ways to worship Him. Change is not always a 'bad' thing. For many people change hurts or causes great anguish. The change from Ohio to South has hurt many times yet it also has been rewarding. This year's ministry retreat is definitely different from last. Over the course of the last year I have been blessed to making new friends. Therefore, I feel like I am starting to belong. It still is weird at times being in a group and not having the closeness that is seen all around the room. It is those times that I think 'now I know there is someone else in this room feeling left out' and look around to seek them out. Last night the Lord blessed me with many asking how my classes were going, how my health was doing, about the church progress, etc. That interaction is what makes me feel like I am where I am suppose to be. That is what it takes to makes one feel like they belong. Sometimes it takes singing a 'new song' to get into the center of His will. Sometimes it takes leaving family and friends and a comfortable place to find a 'new song' to sing. Sometimes it even takes moving over seven hundred miles to find the 'new song' the Lord has ready for you to sing. I look forward to growing deeper in my relationship with Him. I know He will continue to give me freshness in my spiritual being. Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name! The desire of my heart is to be the desire of His heart. It is there that newness will be found. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words this morning that remind me of the way You give me a 'new song' to apply to my walk with You. Thank You for my friends here in South Carolina. Thank You for wrapping Your arms around me and allowing me to feel loved even when in times I don't feel like I belong somewhere. Thank You for giving me words of praise for You even in difficult times. Thank You for all of the ways You bless me. Father, today is a new day. I don't know what all You have in store for me but I know we are going to do great things together. May You cleanse me and then fill me to overflowing so I can be a beacon of light wherever You send me. Thank You for being The One to Bless Me. Amen.

No comments: