Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Proverbs 3:5-6 - ''Nothing Left To Lose"


These words were going through my mind yesterday and then again this morning. I tried to figure out the song but just couldn't get it. I finally found it this morning.

Come on and we'll sing...like we were free...
Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us ...
And here we go there's nothing left to choose
And here we go there's nothing left to lose

Mat Kearney wrote about this song: 

"When I wrote that song it was about the unknown, and this road I've set my sights on and have no idea where it's going. If anything that's become more true every day. So in some ways it's become a self-fulfilling prophecy."

The 'unknown' can be a scary place, especially for someone who wants to be in control of every aspect of their life. It also can be an exciting place if one knows the Lord is in control. He takes us places we would never imagine going. Some of those places are 'hard' but it is in those places our faith is stretched and we go deeper in our relationship with Him. When we have no idea how things are going to work out, He does. There are no surprises to Him. Dealing with some issues that make the future look bleak can be very hard but we must never quit trusting Him. I think of the hymn that goes...

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

We cannot allow circumstances or people to take away our hope in Christ. Instead we need to "Push the pedal down" full speed ahead in His will. It may not make sense and it may not be an easy road to take but when we live in His will we will find His peace. We also will find freedom from worry. We will no longer need to figure things out but instead pray and listen for His direction. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these encouraging words to "Push the pedal down" on this road You have us on. Thank You for the hope You give when we trust You. Father, not our way but Yours. That is what we want. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit of anything that may be between You and I. I pray for forgiveness for times I've tried to figure things out instead of waiting on You. Lord, these are some tough days for not only us but for many others. I am praying for my sister Linda and Wanda as they await hip surgeries; Mike as he recuperates from knee replacement and I am praising You for the improvement in the Taylor children. Lord, I also am praying for lives to be changed through the Children/Teen activities tonight. Use us as beacons of light in their world. I also pray for more of You to overflow from us as we love on people with Your love. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Trust. Amen.

No comments: