Monday, January 29, 2018

Psalm 50 - "It Is Well With My Soul"



The Lord took me to Psalm 50 again this morning. This Psalm is about how one is to live their life for the glory of God. It instructs us to live for Him in a way that on the Day of Judgement He will welcome us. We are to worship Him while on this earth with our whole being in spirit and in truth. Matthew Henry writes, "Happy are those who come into the covenant of grace, by faith in the Redeemer's atoning sacrifice, and show the sincerity of their love by fruits of righteousness." Another word for 'happy' is blessed. We are blessed by God as we live our life for Him. We must call upon Him in 'good times' and 'bad times.' We must be in constant communion with Him so we can not only hear His voice but we can walk in obedience. As we go through 'bad times' we will see how they will be easier praising Him instead of lamenting. He gives us what we need to live out such days but we have to be where we can hear Him. We, as believers, need to think about what others see in us. There are some questions all can gain insight from as we strive to live a 'praising life'...

Do they see the peace only God can give when we are going through tough situations or do they see us falling apart, angry, using foul language, etc.? 
Do they see us depending upon the Lord or manipulating situations in our own way?
Do they see us loving on others during difficult times or concentrating on ourselves?

The greatest commandment is to love the Lord with our whole being with the second greatest being love our neighbor as ourselves (Matthew 22:36-40). It is not possible to walk in God's will without following these two commandments. It is not possible to sing "It Is Well With My Soul" with true meaning without following these verses. It all comes back to the realization one must live a sanctified life to be walking in obedience to His will. There is no other life desired once self dies and God is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of one's life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. Thank You for loving me so greatly that You not only speak to where I can hear You but You give me the desire in my heart to walk in obedience. Thank You for the improvement in Little Layna and Jerry going home. I pray for answers for Nancy; continued strength for my sister Linda; healing in Doc and Dolores; and most of all I pray for a healing in those with spiritual needs. I praise You for the fruitful trip for Cindy and her group to Africa. Lord, You are working through so many who have given You all of their being. I pray that for more believers. I also pray for those who have not asked You into their heart to do so. Lord, today is a new day. I don't know where You will take me but I pray for a cleansing in me so You can fill me to overflowing. Father, I have the sense to pray for the young man with the mass behind his heart and the two pastors undergoing cancer treatment. I pray You will be so real to them and their families. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise. Amen.

No comments: