Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Psalm 91:3-8 - "Still"


We never know when life will change but we do know who does and that is the Lord. He knows all. He knows what we need to accept the changes of life. He provides what we need as we are in relationship with Him. We can't just say we are in relationship with Him but we must live our daily lives showing that relationship. Trust, faith, love...all of these things must be lived out daily. When there are tough times in life, He must be our Strength. When we feel like we can't handle things, He must be who we turn to. When we need protected from the enemy, He must be our Protector. His love overcomes everything. His power will empower us to overcome things when we allow it. Matthew Henry writes of Psalm 91:3-8:

"He that by faith chooses God for his protector, shall find all in him that he needs or can desire. And those who have found the comfort of making the Lord their refuge, cannot but desire that others may do so. The spiritual life is protected by Divine grace from the temptations of Satan, which are as the snares of the fowler, and from the contagion of sin, which is a noisome pestilence. Great security is promised to believers in the midst of danger. Wisdom shall keep them from being afraid without cause, and faith shall keep them from being unduly afraid. Whatever is done, our heavenly Father's will is done; and we have no reason to fear. God's people shall see, not only God's promises fulfilled, but his threatenings. Then let sinners come unto the Lord upon his mercy-seat, through the Redeemer's name; and encourage others to trust in him also."

When one is in relationship with the Lord, there is no need to fear. There is security found in His arms. If something happens that is not desired, He is there to help accept it. If the enemy comes knocking at the door, He is there to shut the door in His face. It is easy for people to give the enemy a foothold when 'bad' times comes. Even though it is easy, it is something that shouldn't happen. Instead we need to give the Lord access to all areas of our life so He can knock the enemy down.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and Scripture this morning that reminded me nothing surprises You but instead You desire to protect me. Thank You for the way You protect me from the ways of the enemy. Father, this morning I pray for Dolores and her family as they deal with Steve's suicide. I pray against the enemy having any open door in their lives. I also pray for there to be people who will love them with Your love so they will come into relationship with You. I so wish I were there with them but I know that is not possible. I also pray for many who are sick with this flu, including my husband. I pray against my Momma getting it from him. I pray for Ashley and her family who are dealing with both her and her husband along with some of the children having it. It seems like this 'bug' is everywhere and I pray for Your strength for people. I pray for those effected by the school shooting in Kentucky and the school incident in Galion. I pray there will be believers supporting them today. Lord, cleanse me and fill me so I can be a beacon of light for you today. Thank You Jesus for being My Protector. Amen.

No comments: