Friday, January 19, 2018

Galatians 5:25 - "Gracefully Broken"


As I went over the bridge last night on the way back home from having ice cream with Miss Beverly and the girls I broke out repeatedly with...

Here I am, God
Arms wide open
Pouring out my life
Gracefully broken

I was in awe of the way the Holy Spirit's presence came down over me in such a powerful way. These words just kept coming out of the me over and over. I felt such a sense of excitement. I am so blessed to be living in His presence. He continues to give me not only physical strength but mental, emotional, financial and most of all spiritual. He knows what I need and gives it to me at the exact time I need it. He blesses me in ways I would never have thought of. The word 'broken' is often associated as being a negative but it is a definite 'positive' when it comes to what God in and for us. The song starts...

God will break you to position
He will break you to promote you
And break you to put you in your right place
But when He breaks you He doesn't hurt you, He doesn't
When He breaks you He does it with; grace
Anybody been gracefully broken?

"Right place"...that does not mean just the physical place He puts you but it means the right state of mind, the right desire in the heart and spirit, the right attitude...the right everything. There will still be times one's humanness will come out but they will be less and less the more one allows Him to break them. I love these words in this song...

My heart stands in awe of Your name
Your mighty love stands strong to the end
You will fulfill Your purpose in me
You won't forsake me, You will be with me

This is the emotion I went through last night. I was in awe. I was surprised by the outburst of the song yet I was blessed. I desire for Him to fulfill His will in my life. I feel His love in a mighty way throughout my day. I know He is always with me. We are in constant communion. As Doc said the other night, that is the key to be in relationship with Him. My physical body may be tired and feel worn but my spiritual body is on fire. There is such freedom in such relationship with Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for last night's experience. Thank You for the full night's rest. Lord, I pray for more of Your Holy Spirit to take over me. I desire for a cleansing in my Spirit so that can happen. I also desire You to ooze out of me in a different, new way. Father, I thank You for the answer to many prayers for my dear friend Norma. I thank You for her faith that opened these doors. Father, I pray for more people to have such faith. I pray for more people to have experiences like I had last night. I continue to pray for Beth and Bill who not only need a physical healing but most of all a spiritual healing. I also pray for Betty, Jerry and Mike who need a physical touch from You. Lord, wherever You lead me today I pray You will use me to be a beacon of light for You. I pray for Doc to be beacon of light in the workplace today. Lord, use us to make a difference in our little world. Thank You Jesus for being My Breaker. Amen.

No comments: