Thursday, January 25, 2018

Psalm 91:14-16 - "Still"


These words were going through my head throughout the night and are still with me this morning...

Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God


Sometimes the Lord protects us from physical harm...illness, accidents, etc.
Sometimes His protection is for emotional hurt...words spoken to us, people not making contact with us, etc.
Sometimes His protection is for financial harm...making 'bad' decisions, mistakes with bills, etc.
Sometimes His protection is for mental hurt...when a disease takes away normal functions of remembering, 'foggy' brain, etc.

No matter what He protects us from we must be "Still" to allow Him to work in and through us. Yesterday was a frustrating day with getting a message from the bank that a large payment had gone through twice which put our account in a negative. Figuring out I was the reason it happened crushed me. I was so blessed by the bank and the payment company with the way they were so nice in getting a plan in place to fix the situation. Getting a phone call from the pharmacy threw me for a loop because I thought I had done something else wrong but thankfully I had not. It was an emotional day but I kept crying out to the Lord for His help. Thankfully He did not let me down.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the blessings of yesterday where You were with me through everything. Thank You for improvement in Beth. Lord, today is another day where there are so many prayer requests. I pray for the young man with the mass behind his heart and ask You be very close to him and his family. I pray for the pastor and wife who have traveled many miles for surgery and treatment for his cancer. I pray for the unspoken request for another pastor's family. Lord, so many people with so many needs. Most of all I pray for the spiritual needs of all. I also pray for a physical healing in my husband and in all with the 'bug' going around. Thank You Jesus for being My Stillness. Amen.

No comments: