Monday, January 15, 2018

Ephesians 6:10-17 - "Point To You"


It has been a night of praying. The first time the Lord woke me was at midnight. He told me to pray for one who was contemplating suicide. I prayed and prayed for quite awhile and then fell back to sleep. He woke me up a couple more times and now here it is 4:30 and I'm still praying. Sometimes I do not understand when someone's soul is teetering on heaven and hell why He doesn't just snap His fingers and 'fix it.' The words to a We Are Messengers song keep going through my head...

How can I forgive when I can't forgive myself
How can I move on when all I have is regrets
How can I fix you when I keep turning away
How can I make it past the noise with my shame

I need a miracle
Some healing for my heart
I need a revelation
A brand new start
I want simplicity
Where I can rest
But I need a miracle to put my past to death

This person He has me praying for needs to allow Him to help them. As I prayed, my words kept coming back to this person needing to feel His love. I prayed for them to not only feel it but to accept it. Too many times we, as humans, beat ourselves up to the point where there is no room for the Lord. There must be room in our heart for Him. As I prayed for this person, evil kept showing up in weird ways whenever I fell asleep. There was ugliness shown through people in dreams. There was a sense of evil surrounding people. I don't remember ever experiencing such a night. I prayed the armor of God to take over this person. I prayed for the belt of truth to be around their waist; the breastplate of righteousness to be over them; the shoes of peace to be upon their feet; the sword of the spirit to be in their hands; the helmet of salvation to take over their being; the shield of faith to become real to them; and I prayed they would find a way to pray for the Lord to take over their situation.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for using me to pray for this individual who is so desperate. I know You don't really need my prayers to take care of the situation but I also know there was a reason for waking me repeatedly. Lord, stretch my faith. Take me deeper in relationship with You. Cleanse me so You can fill me. I pray I do not hear of one today that has been taken over by the evil one. If I do, I pray Your love will be greater than the depths of hell this person has gone through while on this earth. Use me today in a different, new way so people will see Your love flow from me. Thank You Jesus for being My Armor. Amen.

No comments: