Friday, April 30, 2021

Psalm 145:21 - "Praise You In This Storm"

'God is so good!' I don't know how many times I say that in a day but it makes me sad to think about how many people don't say it. I do not know how people get through life without that knowledge. I can't even begin to comprehend life without Him. He blesses me in abundance each and every day. Yesterday was full of blessings. Spending time with the Carrington children, having lunch with friends, picking strawberries, receiving encouraging updates from prayer requests for Pastor Karen and Little Ivy, my Momma seeing the doctor due to a cancellation and getting a plan for surgery, texts and calls with friends, resting...what a full day! I love the knowledge that God is with me every breath I take. I went back to Psalm 145 this morning and praised God through it. The last verse is one I not only read but I prayed. Oh how I pray for people to find a reason to praise God today. Even in the midst of the storms of life there is always something to praise Him for. Even when we feel like we can't go on there is a reason to praise Him. Even when life seems to be falling apart around us there is a reason to praise Him. We woke up this morning to another day of life. That is a reason to praise Him. The storms of life are so great at times. We feel like they are going to rip us to pieces. But God is always with us. He is always there to protect us. When we can praise Him no matter what happens, we will be blessed. Yesterday was a bit emotional for me as I picked strawberries. Every time I picked last year and Doc could go he did. The first couple times he even picked with me. Sometimes he would have to stay in the car while I picked. Mr. Dempsey and I talked about how he fought the cancer and about ones fighting right now. There is no rhyme or reason as to why some 'beat it' and others don't nor why the cure for cancer has not already been found. It is times like yesterday that I praise God for Doc no longer suffering on this earth. I think of my Daddy, my brother Gene, Reta, and so many others who also passed from cancer and am grateful they are no longer suffering. We never know when our time on earth will be over but we can praise God while we are here so we will praise Him for eternity. Woo hoo! My goal in life is to praise Him so others will realize a life with Him. I desire to love with His love so others can do the same. The words to Casting Crown's song Praise You In This Storm are on my mind this morning. Oh how I pray people who are in great storms of life will get to the point where they can praise Him.

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for bringing praise to my lips no matter what is happening in life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more or You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a mighty way. May You be greater than the hurts of life. I praise You for encouraging news for Pastor Karen, Little Ivy, and my Momma. I praise You for my day yesterday with the Carrington children, lunch with Sheri and her friends, picking strawberries, texts with friends, rest, and ending the day with a long talk with Rickey. Lord, You give me so much to be thankful for...so much to praise You for...so much! I praise You for my arm allowing me to crochet the baby blankets for babies who will be born this summer. I praise You for another day of life and for all You will put before me to love on with Your love. I praise You for my visit with a new neighbor yesterday and for her sharing prayer requests with me. I praise You for being with many going through storms of life. May You be greater than the storms of lost jobs, financial difficulties, relationship issues, deaths of loved ones, etc. May Your Name be on our lips to praise no matter what is happening in life. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: