Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Romans 15:13 - "Spring Up O Well"


The Lord woke me up this morning with Scripture from my dear friend Carol Goodwin. God is so good encouraging me! He provided people yesterday throughout the day who texted me, Nestor's and Ms Carol who worked with me at the building last night, music throughout the day to keep my focus on Him...the list is endless. This morning when Carol shared God brought me to her mind as she read Romans 15:13 I was blessed in abundance. God put me on her mind for a reason. We can never brush off the Holy Spirit when He brings someone to our mind. There is a reason for Him doing so. I read this Scripture in different versions and settled in on The Passion Translation. Paul wrote the book of Romans not only for the church then but for all of us today. We need to not only accept salvation but we need to live it. We need to not stop at salvation but we need to take the next step in allowing the Holy Spirit to live in and through us. Before we can do this we must trust Him. We must live in His hope, joy, and peace. As we do, we will experience life in a way that is not comprehendible to the world. Someone mentioned the other day about to me about how confident I appear to be in life. I shared with them my confidence is not in myself but in God. I am confident He will take care of anything that comes my way. Yesterday as I started my day I prayed for Him to keep a smile on my face no matter what happened throughout the day. I desire to live in His joy. That does not mean everything will always go 'right' but it does mean everything will go His way. Last night Ms Carol and I laughed multiple times over silly things that happened while we were at the building. I smiled as I watched the Nestor Family bless me with their servant hearts. God is so good at providing exactly what we need. Sometimes I think all He is doing is waiting on us to ask for blessings. I remember being told we should not ask God to bless us. I disagree with that statement. I ask Him to bless me everyday and He does. One of the blessings I ask for daily is for a cleansing so He can fill me. The result of such a request is in this Scripture Carol Goodwin shared with me today. He will empower me with his super-abundance until you radiate with hope! Woo hoo! This knowledge is such a blessing to me! We cannot 'do life' on our own. It was not by my strength I accomplished yesterday what I did. It was only through Christ's strength. Matthew Henry wrote of this Scripture:

"All joy and peace;" all sorts of true joy and peace, so as to suppress doubts and fears, through the powerful working of the Holy Spirit.

I do not have to fear anything but instead must allow the Holy Spirit free reign in my life. I do not have to worry about anything but instead must remember God is in control. What does not get accomplished at the building before Sunday is OK. God will provide workers and time to get down what He desires. He will provide wisdom for decisions and strength in every aspect of my life to accomplish what He desires. Last night we laughed when Cait said she felt like we were having a 'Doc' moment with the cleaning of the pews. He always said we need to make things the best we could to present the church in a way people would desire to be a part of it. It saddens my heart he is not here to see these days but it also blesses me in knowing I am fulfilling the dreams God gave him. I was thinking last night as we were working about his last weeks where he had a mat to lay on so he could be at the building even though he could not do any work. He fought hard to stay a part of the process and I know God was his strength during those 'tough' days. I also know God continues to be my strength. My tribe support me so well. I am so grateful for all.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the reminders You continue to give me that encourage me to press into Your strength! Thank You for Carol Goodwin who shared Romans 15:13 with me this morning! Thank You for Cait, Alex, and the kids and Ms Carol who worked so hard at the building yesterday! Thank You for giving me the strength to not just get through the day but to get through it with a smile on my face! Thank You for blessing me with a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with Your hope, joy, and peace! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way! May You be a fountain that overflows out of me today so people will desire to have what I thoroughly enjoy every day with You. Lord, I pray for physical healing for: my sister Linda; my friends Kaye and Mary; Linda Swinderman and Lee Stanley as they have surgery today; Pastor Karen as she is in ICU; Nicole who is in the hospital; my friend TR Brennan whose father was recently diagnosed with cancer; the Risner Family with Little Ivy's recent diagnosis; and so many others who need Your healing touch. I pray for not just physical issues but also mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual issues to be met. Thank You for 'good news' with answers to prayers yesterday with a family member! Thank You for my talks with my Momma and Rickey yesterday! Thank You for the day ahead and whatever it holds. May You be glorified!  Thank You Jesus for being My Fountain! Amen.

No comments: