Sunday, April 25, 2021

Psalm 127:3-5 - "Come Thou Fount"


Oh how I miss my boys and their families. I am so grateful for technology that keeps me connected with what happens in their lives. Last night as I watched the video of Ben, Emily, and their three oldest doing "Come Thou Fount" I was so blessed. There are so many blessings in their family. Homeschooling is one of the big blessings for them. The children are learning in a loving environment on their own level. They are being taught about the Lord in ways public school does not. They are being taught values and morals not learned in public school. I am not against public school by any means and home schooling is definitely not for everyone but it works for Ben's family. Another blessing from their video was knowing all of them are learning to play instruments with a desire in their heart to glorify God through the process. The ending line Here's my heart, oh, take and seal it, Seal it for Thy courts above is one they all sing with great meaning. I am one proud Momma/Grandma. Psalm 127:4 reads in The Message, Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children! Ben and Emily are definitely blessed as parents! Matthew Henry writes of this Psalm:

That they are a good gift, and a great support and defence to a family: As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man, who knows how to use them for his own safety and advantage, so are children of the youth, that is, children born to their parents when they are young, which are the strongest and most healthful children, and are grown up to serve them by the time they need their service; or, rather, children who are themselves young; they are instruments of much good to their parents and families, which may fortify themselves with them against their enemies. The family that has a large stock of children is like a quiver full of arrows, of different sizes we may suppose, but all of use one time or other; children of different capacities and inclinations may be several ways serviceable to the family. 

It is so important for all parents to raise their children in the manner the Lord desires. It is also important for us to raise our children to spread their wings and fly just as birds teach them offspring. It is hard when the 'empty nest' season of life comes along yet it can also be a blessing for both the parents and the children.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for today's technology that keeps me 'connected' with what is happening in my children/grandchildren's lives! Thank You for the the opportunities You give my boys to raise their children in Your love! Father, today is Sunday and I pray for parents to consider taking their children to church. I pray for pastors who have an opportunity to love on parents to do so with not only their actions but especially their words from the pulpit. My heart breaks for what Pastor Karen's family are going through yet I am thankful they have You to lean into. It breaks for Little Ivy's family too. I pray for Your strength to be theirs in a mighty way today and the days ahead. Thank You for safe travels for Linda, Nancy, Beth, and Lilley's! I continue to pray for Elizabeth and Sarah on their journey. Thank You for cleansing me so You can shine brightly through me today! May my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts flow from Your love. May You be greater than anything that comes my way today. I pray the same for all pastors. Lord, give us Your strength! Thank You for being The One To Bless Me! Amen.

ttps://www.facebook.com/emilypowers3185/posts/10157537898607282 

No comments: