Friday, April 23, 2021

Hebrews 4:14-16 - "Fires"

This week has been so emotional. There were 'mountaintop' experiences along with 'valley' ones. Sunday started off the week with a fabulous service in the church building with one accepting the Lord. The rest of the day was spent resting from all of the work put into the day. Monday I was so tired physically but joy continued in my heart. Tuesday was a bittersweet day. It was the eighth anniversary of my Daddy taking his last breathe on this earth, six months since my four-legged buddy left me, and twenty-seven years since I was diagnosed with MS. Wednesday was emotional with being so far away from my Momma who is having health issues. Thursday was spent with some of my 'babies' with being with the littles in the morning and a couple of the older ones in the evening. They filled my emotional tank up well! Now here we are to Friday. Today is my 'final' ordination interview. I thought I went to this last summer but then with COVID things were changed. I so wanted Doc to be with me for my ordination but God had other plans. I am thankful he was able to make the trip for the interview last year and I am thankful he is no longer suffering. Today is also my earthly Daddy's birthday. If he were still with us, he would be ninety-six. If he were still here, there would be a lot of phone calls, people stopping in to visit, etc. Most of all there would be lots of laughs because that's what my Daddy did. He loved life and he especially loved the Lord. There is no other explanation for my Daddy getting through all he did other than the Lord. Sixty plus surgeries, beating cancer multiple times, surviving a gun shot, having a broken neck from getting hit by a train...goodness God had His hands full with him. It reminds me of the towel I bought Sunday. 

My Daddy's life was a testimony of what God can and will do in our lives. I strive to live with the great faith my Daddy had while on this earth. I strive to live with God's love oozing out of me like it did my Daddy. How I live my life will impact all of those around me. I will remember the words of Hebrews 4:14-16 just as my Daddy. They read in the New Living Translation:

So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

Jesus goes before us. He is Our Intercessor with our Heavenly Father. He knows what is ahead in this day and desires us to walk in obedience to Him so we can walk in His strength, peace, and wisdom. He will give me physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual strength throughout this day as I lean into Him. I still feel exhausted but I know He is greater than exhaustion. Praise His Holy Name! Both times I got into my car yesterday, throughout the night, and again this morning these words were brought before me from the song Fires...

You've walked me through fires
Pulled me from flames
If You're in this with me
I won't be afraid
When the smoke billows higher, oh and higher
And it feels like I can barely breathe
I'll walk through these fires
'Cause You're walking with me

Dear Jesus, Thank You for opportunities You put before me to love with Your love yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for being exactly what I need! Thank You for putting people in my life who encourage and love on me so well! I am so grateful for Rickey's words and laughter that bring life to me! I am grateful for the joys of being with the Carrington children and the Ferreira boys yesterday! What a joy they are to me. Thank You for putting these two families into my life! Thank You for continuing to be with those going through tough days. My Momma; my sister Linda; little Ivy's family; Pastor Karen Lawson's family; my friend Joyce; and so many others. Thank You for being with my family today as we treasure the memories of my Daddy and his birthdays on this earth! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May you keep in the forefront of my mind that I am not doing today in my own strength but in Yours. Thank You for being My High Priest! Amen.

No comments: