Friday, April 2, 2021

Proverbs 17:22 - "Every Moment"

 

I went to bed last night thinking about the old saying, 'laughter is the best medicine' and smiled.  My day was full of laughter. It started with spending time with Miss Lilly and Mr Grayson. There was walking time with Chrissy and Cora in the beautiful sunshine filled with laughter. The day ended with tear-rolling laughter over the phone with Rickey. I read an on-line article about how important it is to include laughter into your daily life. When we allow circumstances or people to steal our joy, laughter will not be a part of life. When this way of living continues for a long period of time, our physical health will be devastated. Dr. Avery Jackson said: God built in mechanisms to heal our imperfect, earthly bodies. Laughter is one of them.” We all have the choice to make on how we spend our days. We can allow 'life' to get us down or we can find reasons to laugh. We can isolate ourselves or we can surround ourselves around people who will fill our emotional tanks with joy. Dr. Jackson wrote a book entitled The God Prescription that I want to read. He 'prescribes' the following in the book:

  1. Laugh, even when you don’t feel like it. 
  2. Watch or listen to shows by comedians who do not use obscenities, like The Carol Burnett Show or Christian comedians like Tim Hawkins. 
  3. Read comics in the newspaper. 
  4. Watch funny videos on YouTube such as the eTrade babies or videos showing the hilarious antics of children and animals.

These are some guidelines that will empower all to stand up against the enemy and say, 'No, you will not steal my joy!' I was reading about how laughter reduces stress and takes away depression. I can attest to this being truth. I also can attest to the fact that being joyful gives me a positive outlook on life. Proverbs 17:22 reads in the New Living Translation: A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength. I am amazed how my life has/is changing during this time of restoration. My strength has increased through God as I have decreased in me. Physical. Mental. Emotional. Financial. Spiritual. Woo hoo! I am thankful for the laughter in my day yesterday that empowered me through the times of tears. I am thankful for the way God continues to provide exactly what I need, when I need it. I am thankful for the people He puts in my path. Plain and simple. I am thankful.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way You open me up to more of You! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. Thank You for my time this morning with my precious sisters Jenn and Angela who bless me in abundance! Thank You for the sermons I have listened to this week that have been so encouraging! Thank You for the laughter yesterday with: Miss Lilly and Mr Grayson; Chrissy and Cora; and Rickey! Thank You for the way You continue to perform restoration in my life! Thank You for the way You continue to open my eyes, ears, and mind up to what You desire for me to have! Father, I continue to pray for physical healing upon: my sister Linda; Kaye; Mary Lilley; Pete; Jullianne Gumm; Carolynn Hawe's granddaughter Olivia with cancer; a young mother hospitalized with COVID; Ms Savon's neighbor; and so many others. I also pray for Your strength to come down upon: Elizabeth; a friend praying for wisdom with a relationship issue; Alison as she seeks the home You have for her; Melanie; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for the job Melinda is going to begin soon! Thank You for being My Joy! Amen.

No comments: