Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Psalm 145:1-3 - "I Stand Amazed"


Woo hoo! I am one blessed lady! God is so good to encourage me. Yesterday was filled with encouragement from Him through people, thoughts, music, Scripture, nature...the list goes on and on. It was such a blessing to sit around my dining room table and eat with friends. Another blessing in the day was having three year old Jaxson give me hugs, kisses, and 'I love you'! Having two friends check on me via text and another friend send me words of encouragement blessed me in abundance. I did not get everything accomplished I desired but I have to trust God in knowing what must be done. He is so good at giving me direction and loving on me. He is so good at all He does in my life. I praise Him for all He does in and through me. I praise Him for the people He puts in my life. I praise Him for the insight He gives me on how best to love on others. Matthew Henry writes of the beginning verses of Psalm 145: Those who, under troubles and temptations, abound in fervent prayer, shall in due season abound in grateful praise, which is the true language of holy joy. Prayer is key in my life. It is a part of my life throughout the day and sometimes God wakes me during the night. Prayer cannot be a one-way conversation with God. We must not only speak to Him but we must be still so we can listen to Him. We cannot walk in obedience to Him if we do not know what He desires of us. We must learn to praise Him through the 'storms' of life so we can praise Him in the 'good' days. Praise needs to be on our lips 24/7. I know there are some who cannot comprehend how anyone can have joy after losing a loved on, going through an illness themselves or in a family member, etc. But holy joy is possible when we lean into God and allow Him to be in control of our life. One of the songs we sang Sunday is on my heart this morning...

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene
And wonder how He could love me
A sinner, condemned, unclean

O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior's love for me!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the ways You work in and through me! Thank You for filling my emotional tank up yesterday through people, creation, Scripture, music, thoughts, etc! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May You shine brightly through me as I love with Your love. Father, my heart is so heavy for many going through 'tough' days. I continue to pray for: Little Ivy's family; Pastor Karen's family; my friends Trish, Iwilda, Shirley, Rick, and Becky; a man waiting on a biopsy; my Momma and Jack as they await surgery; Don as he had a shot in his knee; Little Micah with his broken leg; and so many others. I pray each one of these dear ones will find a reason to praise You today. I pray everyone will look around them today and find a reason to praise You. You woke us up and that is reason to praise You. You gave us another day of life and that is reason to praise You. I praise You for my tribe that continue to love on me so well! I praise You for bringing Rickey into my life to talk and laugh with! I praise You for the day ahead! I praise You for continued direction, wisdom, and peace in my life! Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for being My Reason to Praise! Amen.

No comments: