Saturday, April 24, 2021

Isaiah 43:2 - "Fires"

The song "Fires" was once again going through my mind this morning when I woke up. I have gone through many "Fires" in life, especially over the last couple of years. With this song continually being on my mind it makes me wonder if there are some major "Fires" coming up in life. Perhaps it is just God wanting to remind me of what He has already taken me through. No matter what the circumstance, I know He is with me. Part of the song goes...

I'm changed by Your mercy
Covered by Your peace
I'm living out the victory
Doesn't mean I won't feel the heat

God changes me through His love, mercy, and grace. He empowers me to be the lady He desires me to be. He also is with me when the enemy comes knocking at my door. Yesterday as I awaited my 'final' ordination interview time the enemy tried to make me be antsy in my spirit. It was so cool how God took that feeling away and gave me His peace. I have story after story of His peace taking over when the enemy tried to steal it. Praise His Holy Name for such victory! Jordan St. Cyr wrote the song "Fires" about a man who was blessed by his community when he was going to lose his family's home. The song took on a new meaning when Jordan's daughter was born with a brain issue. He wrote:

"While this journey has not been easy, and we’re left with so many more questions than we have answers, we know more than ever now that God is with us and that He always will be. He has made us stronger, and He has grown our faith in ways that we never thought were possible,” the singer attests. “He’s used the hardest parts of our story to refine our hearts and draw us closer to Him.”

Fire purifies. It refines. It makes all things different. I love the prophecy found in the first few verses of Isaiah 43. This prophecy has come true over and over again in my life. Verse two tells me He will always be with me no matter what is happening in my life. Woo hoo! Matthew Henry write of this Scripture:

God's favour and good-will to his people speak abundant comfort to all believers. The new creature, wherever it is, is of God's forming. All who are redeemed with the blood of his Son, he has set apart for himself. Those that have God for them need not fear who or what can be against them. What are Egypt and Ethiopia, all their lives and treasures, compared with the blood of Christ? True believers are precious in God's sight, his delight is in them, above any people. Though they went as through fire and water, yet, while they had God with them, they need fear no evil; they should be born up, and brought out. The faithful are encouraged. They were to be assembled from every quarter. And with this pleasing object in view, the prophet again dissuades from anxious fears.

I have victory over anxiousness when the enemy tries to put it upon me. I have victory over evilness when it comes my way. I have victory over feelings of doubt and despair when they try to creep into my life. Plain and simple. I have victory in the Lord. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for You love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the way You provide exactly what I need, when I need it! Thank You for my 'final' interview yesterday for ordination! Thank You for all of my fellow pastor friends who love on me so well! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You for the day ahead! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for my sister Linda being with my Momma yesterday for Daddy's birthday! Thank You for being with Elizabeth and Sarah; Ross and Mary; and Nancy as they travel! Thank You for giving Little Ivy's family and Pastor Karen's family Your strength in these tough days! Thank You for continuing to be with Carrie as she cares for her dear Momma! Lord, there are so many people going through 'tough' times. I pray You will use the 'tough' times to refine us all. May we draw deeper in our faith. May Your love be realized to a deeper depth and Your strength come down upon all. Lord, thank You for all the ways You show Your love to me. What a blessing to end my day with a phone conversation and laughter with Rickey. You are such a good Father! Thank You for being My Refiner! Amen.

No comments: