Friday, April 9, 2021

Matthew 10:29-30 - "Good, Good Father"

As I sat with friends over lunch yesterday God reminded me how blessed I am. He is such a Good, Good Father. This morning the words to the song Chris Tomlin sings are on my heart.

Oh, it's love so undeniable
I, I can hardly speak
Peace so unexplainable
I, I can hardly think

As you call me deeper still
As you call me deeper still
As you call me deeper still
Into love, love, love

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

There is such truth in this song. His love provides peace this world cannot understand .His love provides direction only He can give. His love is greater than anything that comes our way. His love showers us with His strength. Plain and simple. His love is all we need. As I think about  the day ahead I know what is on the schedule but I do not know what opportunities He will put before me. I pray He will use me as His faithful servant in ways that will blow my mind. I don't want to just have an ordinary day but I want to have a fantastic day. I am declaring the day ahead to be a Fantastic Friday! Woo hoo! I am declaring His love for me as He did with the prodigal in Luke 15; the sparrows in Matthew 10; and the lost sheep in Luke 15. Woo hoo! His love is so awesome! It goes beyond anything on this earth or any that another person can give. The more I allow His love to be in me, the more He will ooze out of me. The more He oozes out of me, the more others will desire a relationship with Him. Woo hoo! I love to start the day with such excitement in my spirit! God's love for me is so awesome! Matthew 10:29-30 reminds me how much He loves me. I am in awe of all the ways He showers me with His love. Yesterday's lunch with the ladies is a perfect example. He knew I needed my emotional tank filled and He provided. He continually provides over and beyond what I need. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for my time with Paula, Carol, Nancy, and Rhonda yesterday! You are so good at providing exactly what I need. Thank You for my visit with Chris last evening! Thank You for the praise of no leukemia in little Ivy's spinal tap! Thank You for being with Haleigh yesterday with medical procedures! May You continue to be with Mary, my sister Linda, and Kaye as they continue to heal from procedures. I pray the same for my friend Cait who had infusions yesterday. Thank You for being with me in the day ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me so You will ooze out of me. May You be my words, attitude, thoughts, and actions throughout this day. I pray for clarity in my thinking as I meet with the fire marshal. I pray for wisdom throughout the day as decisions are made. Lord, once again thank You for providing exactly what I need, when I need it. Thank You for my tribe who love on me so well! Thank You for Rickey who knows what I need to hear! Thank You for being My Good, Good Father! Amen.

No comments: