Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Psalm 11 - "Hills and Valleys"

The Lord directed me to read Psalm 11 this morning. David wrote this song after going through so many struggles in life. He was tempted many times to quit trusting God as things continued to happen to him. I thought about how many times that temptation is so great in not only my life but in the lives of others. There are times when we feel like we just cannot continue to go on. We feel like we are fighting an uphill battle and do not have the strength to carry on. Praise His Holy Name He is always here for us. He never leaves us. We cannot give into the temptation to give up but instead need to praise Him even more. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm: Those that truly fear God and serve him, are welcome to put their trust in him. The psalmist, before he gives an account of his temptation to distrust God, records his resolution to trust in Him, as that by which he was resolved to live and die. We must be resolved to allow God to live in and through us in the 'good' days and the 'tough' days of life. I am reminded this morning of the song "Hills and Valleys"...

I've walked among the shadows
You wiped my tears away
And I've felt the pain of heartbreak
And I've seen the brighter days

And I've prayed prayers to Heaven
From my lowest place
And I have held Your blessings
God, You give and take away

No matter what I have, Your grace is enough
No matter where I am, I'm standing in Your love

On the mountains, I will bow my life
To the One who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes
To the One who sees me there

When I'm standing on the mountain
I didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley
I know I am not alone!

You're God of the hi-hi-hills and valleys
Hi-hi-hills and valleys
God of the hi-hi-hills and valleys
And I am not alone

God is always with us no matter what. Sometimes the enemy is responsible for the havoc in our lives but sometimes God puts things before us to stretch our faith. He desires us to trust Him. He desires us to not have to have things figured out but instead to walk with Him into unknown territories. It takes great faith to go where God directs us. It takes trusting Him in a way that may not make sense. Sunday night and then again yesterday morning when God spoke to me about the sermon for this coming Sunday He brought to me that we need to trust His Word. I wrote, "If we do not trust God’s Word to be truth, we have no basis for living the life God desires for us." We must trust His Word. It will speak to us when we allow it. We must trust God to lead us. He will direct us to where He desires us to go when we allow Him. We must trust His ways even when we may not understand them. Plain and simple. We must trust.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to trust You and the ones ahead in this day! Father, to be perfectly honest I dread today. I dread the waiting for the inspector. I dread which one it will be. I dread the results. But I should not be dreading. I should be trusting You to go before this situation and bless me through it. I know everything needs to be in Your time. Can we please have this be Your time to where we are approved for occupancy? Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so I do not miss any opportunity You give me today. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, my heart breaks for many who are hurting so greatly. May You comfort Robin with the loss of her father and Leslie and Amy with the loss of their four-legged buddies. May You continue to be the strength needed in my sister Linda and my friends Kaye and Mary as they recuperate. May we all trust You more. Thank You for Chris and Bob who are helping me at the building! Thank You for my visit with Cait and the kids yesterday and my phone call with my friend Edie! Thank You for giving my Momma a fun time yesterday and for ending my day with encouragement from Rickey! You are so, so good! Thank You for being My Eternal! Amen.

No comments: