Saturday, April 3, 2021

Jeremiah 17:5-8 - "Heaven Help Me"



Before going to sleep last night I asked God to give me a Scripture to ponder upon. He led me to Jeremiah 17. As I read it in different versions I focused on verses five through eight which is entitled "God's Message" in The Message translation. It reads:

“Cursed is the strong one who depends on mere humans, Who thinks he can make it on muscle alone and sets God aside as dead weight. He’s like a tumbleweed on the prairie, out of touch with the good earth. He lives rootless and aimless in a land where nothing grows. “But blessed is the man who trusts me, God, the woman who sticks with GodThey’re like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers—

Never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, Serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season.


I desire to live in this manner. I desire to have deep roots that will empower me to stand strong when the storms of life come my way. I desire to allow God to be my Strength at all time. I desire to be blessed by God as I continue not just hearing His voice but walking in obedience to it. Plain and simple. I desire to be who God has called me to be! The day ahead has things I want/need to accomplish but the most important thing for me to accomplish is what He desires. I want to fulfill the description Matthew Henry gives of a person who follows God.

Those who make God their Hope, shall flourish like a tree always green, whose leaf does not wither. They shall be fixed in peace and satisfaction of mind; they shall not be anxious in a year of drought. Those who make God their Hope, have enough in him to make up the want of all creature-comforts. They shall not cease from yielding fruit in holiness and good works. 

I woke up during the night with so much tingling in my head. I want to cry but I know I just need to press into the Lord and allow Him to be greater than the tingling. I need to not be anxious as Henry speaks of. Instead I need to allow God to work in and through this situation. I heard a song last night that comes to my mind the morning. I must believe God will heal this tingling even though I do not know how.

Help me believe it
When I can't see it
Help me know it
When I can't hold it
Help me believe it
When I can't see it
Help me know it
When I can't hold it

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for taking care of this tingling in my head whether it be You take it away or if it is that You distract me from it! I don't understand the 'why' of it but I know You are in control. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May You be greater than anything that comes my way, especially the tingling. Father, be with all who are struggling with physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual needs. May people who walk with You love on people today in a way that will make them desire to be in relationship with You. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: