Sunday, April 11, 2021

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Good God Almighty"

I woke up this morning to the words to Crowder's Good God Almighty going through my mind. This song reminds me to praise God throughout the day. Yesterday was a day of praising God over and over again. Seeing the pews being put into the building was so exciting! I told Nancy the scars on the pews all have a story behind them. I know we will never know the stories but I pray for new scars to happen for the stories ahead in the life of our church. I praised God for all there yesterday who worked so hard. We have so much to do before next Sunday but thankfully we got a good start on it yesterday. I praise God for the fellowship we had together and the excitement that filled our day. I praise God for His peace and strength throughout the time there. As the song says...

Praise Him in the morning
Praise Him in the noon time
Praise Him when the Sun goes down

Love Him in the morning
Love Him in the noon time
Love Him when the Sun goes down

Good God Almighty
I hope You'll find me (I hope You'll find me)
Praising Your Name no matter what comes (No matter what comes)

Yes! I desire to praise Him in the 'good' and the 'tough' days. I desire to praise Him when I am walking in the beauty of His creation feeling His love and when I am feeling lonely. I desire to praise Him when people disappoint me and when people pour His love on me. Plain and simple. I desire to praise Him. This morning my body is moving slow but I praise Him because I'm moving. During the night He woke me to pray for pastors and I included myself in the prayers. The week ahead is going to be challenging but my God is greater than the challenges ahead. The week is going to be full of decisions to be made but I do not have to worry because God will direct my decisions. He already knows the outcome of each decision. Praise His Holy Name! I took this picture as I waited on the inspector this week. My feet were tired and the picture reminds me He is with me every step of the way, 24/7, no matter what I am walking through. 


I have and will continue to stand upon Proverbs 3:5-6. I know I am not alone but have the Lord's wisdom and strength at all time. I will continue to praise Him in the days ahead. I desire for Him to be glorified through all I do.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Lord, my body is so tired but I know You will provide exactly what I need to be Your servant in the day ahead. May You cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard instead of me. I praise You for: Ms Nancy; Ms Carol; Cait and the kids; Bob; Jack; Clay; Mike; and Thomas who worked so hard yesterday at the building. I praise You for the pews that were donated to us a few years ago. I praise You for so many answers to prayers throughout the day yesterday including Your peace that I felt so strongly. Lord, I pray for all pastors who will be preaching today to allow Your Holy Spirit to have free reign. I pray for Pastor James with the death of his father and all the pastors with COVID. I pray for deep breathing for Pastor Karen. I pray an extra dose of Your love for my friend Ms Savon as she remembers her earthly Daddy today. I praise You for the rest You provided, time with Cait and the kids over ice cream, and the encouragement I received from Rickey last night. I also praise You for the way You continue to be with the Risner family with little Ivy's new diagnosis and my friend Owen and his family with his health issues. I praise You for continuing to be my sister Linda and friend Kaye's strength as they recuperate. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: