Saturday, April 10, 2021

Philippians 4:13 - "Fires"



This morning the Lord woke me to the song "Fires" and reminded me His strength is mine. All I have to do is lean into Him. I was going through a 'tough' time a few years ago when He clearly spoke to me saying, "Daughter..you can do this with My strength. I am here for you." I am so grateful for the way He speaks so clearly to me. I am grateful I not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to Him. No matter what lies ahead in this day, week, month, year, His strength is with me. 

You've walked me through fires
Pulled me from flames
If You're in this with me
I won't be afraid
When the smoke billows higher, oh and higher
And it feels like I can barely breathe
I'll walk through these fires
'Cause You're walking with me

I can face anything (Anything)
'Cause You're here with me (Here with me)
I can do all things (Do all things)
'Cause You strengthen me

Yesterday when the fire marshal said we had no issues with the building I felt like I would burst. I was so excited the day had finally come when the building was ready to be occupied. There is still a lot to be accomplished before it is done but it passed inspections. It  is bittersweet. I am so excited yet my heart hurts that Doc did not get to be here for this time. I am so excited to be ready to move onto this next chapter in the life of the church. I am ready to see what God is going to do in our little church. Yesterday I was thinking about all that has to be accomplished before we can begin having church there and I almost panicked. Rehabbing a building with little knowledge is a hard thing to accomplish. I keep saying 'if I could only preach, teach, and do visitation...' Unfortunately, there is putting in a sound system involved. Figuring out how to run the sound system, how to record services, what to do about the pews, etc. that has to be figured out. Then to get back into the swing of having services in person and needing someone to lead worship, play an instrument, etc. Oh my! Filling up the building is another aspect of the days ahead. Thank the Lord He reminded me this morning that I have His strength to lean into. I also am grateful what I am facing is not a 'bad' thing but rather is something exciting. I just cannot allow people or circumstances to steal my joy. I must stay in His presence so He can walk me through every step of life in His strength. Last night when I saw my mug that was gifted to me a couple months ago I thought about how I believe God gave me that mug to remind me to stay in the moment. It says "perhaps this is the moment for which you were created." I need to stay in His presence so He can provide exactly what I need, when I need it. I need to stay in His presence so I can lean into His strength. I do not need to worry about the 'what ifs' ahead but be thankful He already knows the outcome of each of them. I do not need to worry about IF I can do anything because I do not have to. He is there to take care of everything. Woo hoo! I love how Philippians 4:13 reads in The Passion Translation. I find that the strength of Christ’s explosive power infuses me to conquer every difficulty. Woo hoo! Infuse me Lord! I also love that HIs Word does not say He will give me His strength for some but for every difficulty that comes before me! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the reminders from Your Word, this song, my coffee mug, and Your Words spoken to me! Thank You for knowing the outcome of every situation before me! Thank You for being my strength! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the opportunities of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for always being here with me! Thank You for the inspections being complete and everything passing! Thank You for the knowledge I have gained through the process! Thank You for going before me today and giving me Your wisdom for decisions that need made! Thank You for cleansing me so I can not only hear Your voice but walk in obedience to it! May You ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for being with Alex and the police department with the bomb scare last night! Thank You for giving them protection and wisdom for the situation! I pray Your protection and wisdom over little Ivy with this new diagnosis with leukemia. I pray for Your strength to come down upon her parents along with my sister Linda and my friends Kaye and Mary with what they are going through. Lord, be greater than their issues. Father, thank You for loving me so greatly through so many people. Thank You for Chris who mowed and trimmed the yard yesterday and for everyone who encouraged me through their words after the inspection passed! Thank You for Rickey who played "How Great Thou Art" yesterday morning that encouraged me greatly to praise You even before the inspection! Thank You for the gift of music that encourages me through the 'good' and the 'tough' times! Thank You Jesus for being My Infusion! Amen.

No comments: