Sunday, April 4, 2021

Isaiah 61 - "Out of My Hands"


The Lord took me once again to Isaiah 61 this morning. What a blessing this Scripture is! It is full of reminders of what the Lord has done for me and what is ahead in my life. It reminds me God is always here for me. That was proven yesterday to me over and over again. As I walked into Wal-Mart the Lord clearly told me to be ready to bless someone. I thought about the twenty dollar bill in my purse and thought it would help put a smile on a child's face. As I did my shopping I kept looking around but no one stood out as to be 'the one' to give it too. I got in line to check-out and kept looking. When I got next in line, there was a mother with two little girls checking out in front of me. Her card was denied and she removed a couple things and tried again. When it happened the second time, God clearly told me to use my card. I slipped up behind her and inserted my card to pay her bill. She was grateful. The place was packed so we didn't have an opportunity to talk like I would have liked to but I know seeds were planted. God didn't want my twenty dollar bill but instead wanted more. I could have argued and told Him I didn't even know the amount or ask Him how I would pay for it at the end of the month but I didn't because I already know He takes care of me. When I got in the car, the tears rolled. I am so blessed to be His daughter who not only hears His voice but walks in obedience to it. Throughout the day I was busy with getting ready for today with cooking. I stood in the middle of the kitchen in the early evening and the ugly tears started falling. It hit me that it has been six months from yesterday morning since I heard Doc's last words, 'I love you.' I am so grateful He is no longer suffering but being alone stinks. As I was sobbing uncontrollably I heard my phone and there was a message from my friend Sandy asking, 'are you ok?' Wow, God! I am so thankful for her obedience when prompted to check on me. I am so grateful for the way God provides for me. I am so grateful for the knowledge that He never leaves me even when I am so lonely. Matthew Henry wrote of this Scripture:

Christ was to be a Comforter, and so he is; he is sent to comfort all who mourn, and who seek to him, and not to the world, for comfort. He will do all this for his people, that they may abound in the fruits of righteousness, as the branches of God's planting. Neither the mercy of God, the atonement of Christ, nor the gospel of grace, profit the self-sufficient and proud. They must be humbled, and led to know their own character and wants, by the Holy Spirit, that they may see and feel their need of the sinner's Friend and Saviour. His doctrine contains glad tidings indeed to those who are humbled before God.

I desire to be as Christ desires of me. I know as I live for Him He will provide exactly what I need. I also know He will use others to get me through the 'good' and the 'bad' days of life. He puts people in my path who will encourage me and rejoice with me. Before going to sleep I prayed for pastors who will have large crowds today in their church. I prayed for pastors who, like myself, will preach on-line. I prayed for pastors who, like myself, are preaching their first Easter service. One pastor asked for prayer because it is her first time preaching for Easter. When I read her request, it hit me that this is my first time. I think it is easier for me with being on-line but I pray the impact of the message He gave me will be great to all who hear. There was a request for a church who made the decision yesterday to not have in-person services due to so many cases of COVID in their congregation. I am sure that pastor is very disappointed just as the people will be. We do not know the 'whys' of such circumstances but we must remember God is in control no matter what happens. I am reminded of the words of Jeremy Camp's song "Out of My Hands" this morning and pray all will get to this point in their life.

So when it feels like all of this pain is never gonna end
Brought to my knees by all of these things I don't understand
Don't understand, I will let the weight of my fear fall like sand
Out of my hands and into Yours, out of my hands and into Yours

Take this out of my hands, take this out of my hands (Take this out of my hands)
Take this out of my hands, it's out of my hands
There's nothing that You can't handle
God You are strong enough, only You can take this out of my hands
Out of my hands, You're greater than all of my sorrows
Worthy of all my trust
Thank You Lord this is out of my hands, out of my hands

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunity to bless the young mother yesterday! I pray seeds were planted where she will never forget what You did for her. Thank You for Sandy's obedience to check on me yesterday just at the time I was having a melt-down! Thank You for all of the blessings You give me! Thank You for the day ahead as we celebrate Your resurrection! Thank You for being with all who are going through a 'first' Easter without a loved one! May they feel Your presence in a mighty way. Thank You for being with those who have a loved one in their last days of life! Thank You for being with pastors as we preach Your Word today whether it be in-person or on-line! Thank You for speaking through us what You have given us to share! Thank You for people who will hear the message! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a meaningful way. Thank You for Rickey who encourages me greatly and makes me laugh! Father, You are so good at providing exactly what I need when I need it. Thank You for being My Living Father! Amen.

No comments: