Saturday, April 17, 2021

Philippians 4:13 - "I Am Not Alone"

 

After driving from Ohio to South Carolina when we moved here I did not think I would ever be the same. I drove the truck pulling the trailer and did not think I would make it through Charleston West  Virginia traffic; the tunnels of Virginia; or the traffic in Charlotte North Carolina. But I did with God's strength. I always close my eyes through the tunnels but since I was driving I couldn't do that! Praise God there was little traffic in Charleston and there was no traffic around me going through the tunnels so I could drive down the middle of the road. Charlotte was a different story. The rain was pouring and a game had just let out so the traffic was crazy. But God was my strength and saw me through. I will never forget walking into the hotel saying 'I just need a room.  I need a pet friendly room. I just need a room. I'm so tired.' I am sure the clerk thought I was crazy but thankfully she gave us a room that was the first one in the door. I must have looked tired! I was reminded of this story when I went to pick up a window yesterday. The clerk gave me a can of coke to enjoy since I looked so tired. I am so thankful for the way God continues to give me exactly what I need each and every day. I am grateful for Chris and the boys who worked so hard yesterday along with Nancy. I am grateful for internet in the building. I am grateful for a man who came out and looked at what Doc had bought for sound. I am grateful God kept me at peace when he explained some issues. I am grateful the old sound will work for now. I am grateful for nine hours of sleep last night. I am grateful for those who will come out today to ready the building for tomorrow. I am grateful for the peace I have with the realization not everything will be or has to be done for tomorrow. I am grateful for my time of walking, praying, and anointing doorframes yesterday. I am grateful for my time of praying over visitor gifts and children's packets as I put them together this week. God is so, so good. I am not alone on this journey. He is with me and will continue to give me exactly what I need. Praise His Holy Name!

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me
I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the joys of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! I pray for those who will come out today to ready the building. May You encourage people to do so. I pray blessings over those who worked yesterday. Nancy, Chris and the boys, the Hargray men, and the sound man. Lord, I do not know what is ahead in this day but You do and that is all that matters. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May You be greater than anything that comes before me. May Your wisdom be mine. Lord, my heart breaks for Carl and his siblings who lost their mother yesterday. It breaks for another friend who was taken to the ER with COVID. I continue to pray for Matt and Carrie with Little Ivy's leukemia; my Momma who isn't feeling good; and so many others who need Your strength.  I pray for myself for Your strength as another day at the building is ahead. Thank You for the dream which prompted me to not hit the 'snooze' this morning!  I pray for those who are thinking of attending the service tomorrow to be encouraged to do so. May You be so real to all of us. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength! Amen.