Friday, April 16, 2021

Psalm 8 - "How Great Is Our God"


God directed me to Psalm 8 this morning. David wrote this Psalm about man being part of God's creation. It is amazing to think about how God created everything, everyone with differences. When I think about how we are all humans yet different, I am blown away. When I think about all of the different varieties of flowers, trees, etc., I am amazed. God is so, so good. He is so amazing in the ways He not only created things but in the way He cares for all creation. As humans, we feel His care whether we are going through 'good' days or 'tough' days. Yesterday was a 'do nothing' day for me. I watched movies, crocheted, read a little bit, etc. Last night as I thought about today I cringed because of all that is on my plate. If I would have done some of it yesterday, today wouldn't be so full. But then God reminded me of two things. One is that He is with me today to accomplish everything that needs accomplished. Two is He will bless my obedience. I am grateful I listened to Him yesterday and rested. I am grateful He is with me through times of tingling in my face. I am grateful for people who encouraged me through words yesterday. Plain and simple. I am grateful. Psalm 8 shows us how God made us as humans to glorify Him through all we do. That is exactly what i desire to do. I want to glorify Him. I do not want to disappoint Him but instead want Him to be proud of me. The only way I can do this is to live in His presence. That means I must stay close to Him so I can not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. This week has been challenging. My emotions have been all over the board. I keep reminding myself God is with me and has me here for a purpose. I cannot allow the 'stuff' that needs done to cloud my vision or hearing of what He desires. I must stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit so I do not miss anything He desires of me. May I remember to keep a smile on my face, His joy in my heart, and these words on my lips throughout the day ahead.

The splendor of a King
Clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of Psalm 8 this morning! Thank You for caring for me so greatly! Thank You for loving me through the 'good' days and the 'tough' days! Thank You for people who encourage me! You are such an awesome God. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through me today in a mighty way. May You be greater than the tingling in my face today. Lord, I pray for healing in this but more than that I pray for healing in Ivy's little body. May You be so close to Matt and Carrie today as they go through these 'tough' times. Lord, continue to be with all who need to experience Your healing touch whether it be physically, mentally, financially, emotionally, and most of all spiritually. I pray for my dear Momma to feel better today. May You be her strength. Thank You for be being My Creator! Amen.

No comments: