Thursday, April 22, 2021

Philippians 4:13 - "Fires"

I woke up this morning at 5AM with the words to "Fires" going through my mind. When I woke again at 7AM, these words were still with me...

You've walked me through fires
Pulled me from flames
If You're in this with me
I won't be afraid
When the smoke billows higher, oh and higher
And it feels like I can barely breathe
I'll walk through thesе fires
'Cause You're walking with mе

I shared with my group last night even though we are now in the church building the obstacles are different but still before me. Sound, music, workers, etc. are heavy on my mind. But I cannot allow the enemy an open door into my life. I cannot allow him to put worry upon me but instead must stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. I cannot allow anything to take my focus off God. I must keep in His Word, praying, and allowing Him to guide me so I do not miss any opportunity put before me. God is the One to direct my life. He is the One to lead me where He so desires me to go. I am one blessed lady and I need to remember that. I need to remember God loves me so much that He would never let me fall. Verse two in this song goes...

I'm changed by Your mercy
Covered by Your peace
I'm living out the victory
Doesn't mean I won't feel the heat

I am changed by His love, mercy, and grace. I am surrounded by His peace. I am living in victory. These are the reasons the enemy comes after me. He does not like what I do. He wants to tear me down so I can no longer be God's obedient servant. But he will not win because God is greater than anything he puts before me. He is greater than the doubts the enemy tries to put on me. He is greater than the lies the enemy tells me. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I also am grateful for the knowledge I am not in this life alone but can stand on His strength every moment of every day. The bridge in this song goes...

I can face anything (Anything)
'Cause You're here with me (Here with me)
I can do all things (Do all things)
'Cause You strengthen me

Woo hoo! His strength is mine! All I have to do is lean into Him and allow Him to live in and through me. What a great tidbit of knowledge! This morning I am standing on Philippians 4:13. It reads in The Passion Translation, I find that the strength of Christ’s explosive power infuses me to conquer every difficulty. Oh man, I love the way His power is described as explosive! Woo hoo! I also love the idea that it infuses me to conquer every difficulty. I do not know what is ahead in this day but I know who does. That gives me peace beyond comprehension to man.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for this song that reminds me You are with me! Thank You the reminder that Your strength is mine! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead. May You be greater than any obstacle that comes my way. Lord, my heart is heavy for many going through difficult days. Little Ivy's family; Pastor Karen and family; a young mother whose cancer has spread and is on a ventilator; a young mother seeking Your direction; my Momma; my sister Linda; a man waiting on a biopsy; Owen; Gary who is struggling with COVID; two young men battling addiction; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the battles of life. Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for people who encourage me greatly! Thank You for putting Rickey in my life! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: