Thursday, April 15, 2021

Psalm 33:20-22 - "His Strength Is Perfect"


I woke up thinking about the meaning of life. What is life all about? What is the purpose of being on this earth? Why does God have me here? Who do I need to impact today and how? We talked last night in Bible study about how the questions we have on this earth will not matter once we get to heaven. All that will matter is that we are living in God's presence. I was thinking about that this morning. I mentioned last night that we should not get so caught up looking for answers that we miss something God has for us. Instead we need to allow God to give us His answers as He desires. I think at times we aren't ready for answers. He knows that. He knows what we need every moment of the day. An example was waking up to a message from my friend Kaye. "Woke up this morning with you on my mind - whispered a prayer, love ya!" God knew I needed to hear those words. He knew I needed the encouragement of my friend. I made the decision yesterday I was taking today off from going to the building. I was thinking this morning that I need a 'mental health day' where I relax and enjoy life. I would love to go to the beach or the waterfront but it is cloudy and a chance of rain later in the day. I would love to be with friends but not sure if that will happen or not. I pray no matter what the day holds God will fill my physical, mental, emotional, and most of all spiritual tank up as I bask in His presence. The tingling in my face is driving me crazy but my God is greater than it. He is greater than anything that comes my way. Praise His Holy Name! I go back to Psalm 33 this morning and settle in on verses twenty through twenty-two in The Passion Translation: The Lord alone is our radiant hope and we trust in him with all our hearts. His wraparound presence will strengthen us. As we trust, we rejoice with an uncontained joy flowing from Yahweh! Let your love and steadfast kindness overshadow us continually, for we trust and we wait upon you! Woo hoo! He is my Hope and I trust Him with my entire life. Once again, I am in awe of what these words tell me. His wraparound presence will strengthen us. I can do nothing on my own. I must rely upon His strength every minute of every day. As I do, I will realize His will for my life in a deeper way. I think back on the first question on my mind this morning. What is life all about? Life must be grounded in Christ so His will for our life will be realized. Life with Christ on this earth is the only way to live with Him for eternity. I remember as a little girl laying outside in the grass and looking up at the airplanes flying over. It was a big dream for a little farm girl but one of my childhood dreams was to someday fly in a plane. That dream has been fulfilled many times. There were so many daydreams from those days that have been fulfilled. Being a Mommy was the only thing I wanted to be when I was a little girl. What a blessing my boys, their ladies, and my grand babies are to me. When I was in my young teen years, I found a new relationship with God. All I wanted to do was love on others with His love so they could experience the same. Another daydream that is filled every day of my life. I dreamed of sharing the gifts God gives me. Those dreams are fulfilled from time to time. I love to be creative. I love to show people how much I love them through making cards, sharing home cooked/baked things from my kitchen, etc. I love when God gives me something special to tell someone. All of these things come back to one thing. He is my hope and it gives me great joy to live in His wraparound presence. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for yesterday and for Joshua and Tiffany painting at the building! Thank You for the day of rest ahead! Thank You for the peace You continue to give me this week! Thank You for my friend Kaye who reminded me this morning You have people praying for me! Thank You for filling my mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual tank today! Thank You for the way You continue to empower me through the times of tingling in my body! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I am expecting great things in the day ahead! Thank You for being with Lee and Teresa as they go through their health issues and also with this being the first anniversary of Johnny's death! Thank You for being with Elizabeth; Melanie; TR; and so many others on my list! May we all feel Your wraparound presence in a mighty way today! Thank You for the gift of laughter You give me through Rickey every day! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: